So pissed at my "friend"

channy3232

Reaction score
Kind of long story so sorry if I ramble.
So my husband told me to make a list of people I wanted invited to my baby shower. I put one of my friends on it that I really wanted to be there. So I knew that the invitations were sent out about three weeks ago. I asked her if she got hers cause I got wind that some people didn't get theirs. She said yeah. So a few weeks go by and I asked her if she RSVPed cause she can be a little scatterbrained. She said she hadn't yet. So I found out the RSVP date was April 6. At this point it was past then (last weekend) so I asked her again and she was like oh crap I forgot. I said ok make sure you call this weekend and just tell her you forgot. My mom won't be mad. So I called her last Friday night. She was on her way a couple hours away to visit her family. She said when she got home from her parents on Easter she would call. I called her earlier this week to tell her something else and left her a voicenmail and also reminded her to call. I saw her at work the next day and asked if she got my message. She said no I didn't listen to it yet. She asked what it was about. I said I was calling to ask if you had called my mom yet. She kind of snapped at me and was like "I've had a lot on my mind lately ok Chandra?!" I was like whoa! So she came over later and said she was sorry for snapping but they just found out her dad has cancer. I told her I was sorry.
In the meantime she still hasn't called but has asked another friend of ours for a ride to the shower because she's not familiar with the area it's in. Then she texts him today and asks if he thinks it's ok for her to show up if she didn't RSVP. (the shower is tomorrow) he wrote back and told her to get her ass up early tomorrow and have some common courtesy and call to tell them. LOL
So my issue is the fact that she has made such a big deal about this baby and calls herself Aunt Rachel and jokes she's the other mother. LOL yet she didn't make ANY effort whatsoever to take 30 seconds and call my mom. And it's not like she forgot. I reminded her a dozen times. And my other issue is that she said has a lot on her mind right now yet she can go out every night and get wasted. And yesterday her and another friend went to the beach for the day. Oh and she's planning her best friends birthday party and is SO concerned about a "theme" for it. And she's trying to get a third dog (for $500 I might add) and is always running around work showing people the pictures of it on her phone.
I'm just irritated that she has all the time in the world when it comes to her but can't take a minute to RSVP to a shower she was soooo excited to come to and I wanted her to be at. It hurts my feelings.
She was friends with a girl that I don't particularly care for who stopped hanging out with her because of the same kind of things. Her selfishness pretty much. And now I'm starting to agree with her old friend.

It sounds like she's being pretty selfish... that's too bad if you are that good of friends. It sounds like she has lots of time to do other things, but not enough to RSVP. I've had friends like that...... no common sense huh? Sheesh! I hope things work out!

xx

Thanks. At this point I'm about to just write her off and be done with it. And I don't want to sound rude like I don't care that her dad is sick, but they just found that out this past week and she's had the invitation since the end of March.
Just very frustrating.

hmmm thats poor on her behalf i hope you manage to have a lovely time and if she turns up i hope she doesnt ruin it.

hunni maybe it's a bit of the greeneyed monster !! maybe she wants a baby but can't for some reason maybe thats why she is getting a baby dog !

Have a lovely time at youre baby shower wether she turns up or not xxx

Just have a good time either way if shes there or not. I have a case where my sister is the selfish one. I threw her baby shower for her first child and spent a grip loads of money on gifts and the whole event. My sister won't even throw me a shower my co-worker is doing it for that side of the family. My mom says its out of jealousy because the day won't be about her. Sorry to hear your friend is being a stinker just move on. Sometimes you just have to look at the best of it all...do you want her there being annoying about a dog while you are trying to enjoy the day about the baby...?

I had kinda the same problem...my supposed best friend was all about going to my baby shower and never went, nor have i heard from her since then. Tried calling her a few times and no answer or returned calls....i dont get people sometimes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->