So scared. Weekend scare. Positive thoughts!

Twin2momma

Reaction score
So yesterday at about 3:15 am I got up to pee when I wiped I saw light pink and from then until 7 am every time I wiped it was light pink.
About 9 am that turned to bright red. Now let me update the night before dh and I dtd it wasn't rough but it was a bit more intense. But anywho... So I'm freaking out the bright red blood is only there when I wipe but it seems to just be more an more so I call the on call nurse an she believes it's from the sex the night before well now today the bright red blood is still there and now it has made it to my underwear when I stand up, I put on a pad and it's not been enough to fill the pad, but when I wiped there was 3 small stringy clotty pieces. I plan to cal the dr first thing in the morning but I'm so scared, I've never experienced this before. I'm worried sick.
Also I haven't cramped really I've had some light cramps but not enough that I felt pained by them. :(

Any positive stories from ladies experienced anything similar beforE,

Try not to panic! Bleeding in pregnancy can have many causes, like a small hematoma or even an irritated cervix. There are plenty of caused that aren't harmful to the pregnancy. The fact that you're not cramping is a good sign but even cramps don't necessarily mean the worst. Try to take it easy. Put your feet up and distract yourself with some easy tv viewing. Sending you lots of positive thoughts!

Yes the day after DTD in my first pregnancy I had major cramping and extreme blood loss so much so no one thought that I stood any chance of a viable pregnancy afterwards, but my DS will be 10 in November, try not to panic relax and take it easy :hugs:

I think it can be pretty common after sex. I've never really had spotting during my pregnancies, except a tiny dot after a speculum exam, but I know many women do. The sight of blood is very scary, but many people go on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies.
I wish I had the ignorance and naivety I had during my first pg. I fell pregnant the first time I (very briefly lol) had sex, and the next couple of times I DTD afterwards, which was after finding out I was pg, I bled straight after. It was bright red and a fair bit too! It was obviously natural bleeding due to my hymen breaking (tmi) but I didn't even question it beyond that at the time and just presumed everything was fine. I didn't worry about miscarriage or that anything might go wrong, I just got on with being pg and everything was fine and great and my eldest DD is almost 16 now.
I think having two early miscarriages after her made everything very scary after that and I've been increasingly more paranoid in each pg since despite 2 healthy pgs since my losses and now being 15 weeks with my 4th baby.
I think I'm more paranoid this time as the pg completely took us by surprise. I wasn't planning to have more, despite thinking the idea was nice, so to fall pg unexpectedly really threw me. I think I panicked that if the pg went wrong I may not be able to justify actively ttc as we have no room and had no plans to have more, so I was terrified that this surprise 'gift' would be taken away xxxxxx

Hugs. I am so sorry! Its a good sign you are not cramping. Cramping and blood seems to be more of an issue than one of the other. With my first, I did have red bleeding and a had something with my placenta. A tear maybe. Im sorry I cannot remember better, it was over 11 years ago. But I was to rest a bit more then go back in, which I did and everything was fine and I had a healthy baby who is now 11. It was actually somewhat common, as is bleeding for other reasons. Hope you can relax a bit until you can see the doctor tomorrow.

I have not had sex with Dh since pregnancy test said positive. Every time we dtd I spot as I believe I have a friable(basically easily irritable) cervix. it freaks me out so we just don't

I had bleeding after DTD at 5 weeks and again at 7 (thankfully when I got the courage for us to try again at around 12 weeks there was no bleeding and hasn't been since!), both times were light spotting and only lasted less than a whole day. It's scary to see ANY blood when pregnant but it doesn't always mean there's a problem! From what you've described it sounds like it's from DTD, but I would just take it easy and keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->