So Scared

bek74

Mum of 5
Reaction score
Thursday last week I had my pap smear done. The nurse from my doctors clinic rung today and said, that I need to come in straight away and see my doctor. I said " yeap when next week", she said " No you need to come in tomorrow morning. So I have an appointment at 11am tomorrow ( Aussie time) :cry:.

I am shitting myself, what if I have cancer?:cry:. I am totally freaking out. What if I have been lucky enough to conceive this month, then what?. I will stop trying now, just in case :cry:.

Oh guys, I am soooooooooooo scared :cry: , I won't sleep tonight, I know it.

Thanks

Aww chicken how scary for you:hugs:
I hate that they don't tell you anything over the phone

They once did this to me and it turned out they had broken the slide:dohh:

Good luck hunny and fingers crossed for you:hugs:

aw hun thats scary as all hell :| its happened to me before but different situation.. goodluck tomorrow.. let us know how you go, we'll be thinking of you!

:hugs:

Aww Sweetie.... I am so sorry that's happening. Hopeully it's nothing major. Please keep us updated. :hugs:

:hugs: Ill be thinking about your hun. Try to relax...I know easier said than done. I had a scare on my last pap. They found atypacal(sp) cells. Did some more testing and it cleared itself up. :hugs:

Thankyou all so much for your kind words and well wishes. It is now 3:30am here in Aussie and hubby has just left for work ( was going to stay home, but they are short on workers). I haven't slept much, I keep worrying.
My girlfriend is coming with me to the doctors so that is some comfort. Well I will let you all know how it turns out ( I have had an abnormal smear before, but this time she sounded quite worried and wants to see me like Now).

Anyway, thankyou all so much and I will let you know as soon as I get back.

I have had "abnormal" smears 3 times!

Try not to worry hun, im sure its nothing!

Take care and try to sleep

xxx

My Doctor said " The test came back inconclusive, It says possible high grade abnormalities, possible CIN 2 or CIN 3, they need to do a Colposcopy ( could be worse as you go in further into the cervix) to find out more.

So I am off to see my Gyno Monday morning and have that test done. I am very nervous and heard it is painful and you get bad cramping afterwards.

My Doctor also told me to STOP trying to conceive until after we know more. I am worried incase I may have been lucky enough this month to conceive, but will have to wait till monday to speak to my Gyno about what if I did ( because it would be to early to tell at this stage, on Monday I will only be on CD 17).

Well thankyou all for your support and I will let you know what Monday brings

Cheers Bek

I had a Coloscopy back in december because of my pap....Due to my abnormal pap, the further testing results said I had HPV And they wanted to check cervix and take biopsies. I was Very freaked out. Got there that morning for my Coloscopy and was prepaired to stay home the rest of the day because I thought I would be in pain. Let me tell you....It is alot like a pap. You get on the table and put your feet in the sturps. The worst part of the whole thing is 100% Mental. The Dr has the Geeky Magnifine glass that he sticks on his head. Then the Dr will turn on this Huge Light. Its like your Lady Bits are getting interragated. (that is the 100% Mental part) Then he will put some vinigar stuff in you. It stings a bit, but just like Paroxide on a cut. Not big deal. That will make the Abnormal cells that they look for glow. Then If they need to take a sample, they will at that time. Dont worry. It feels like someone pinching your very lightly with tweesers....Trust me...Im a freak about pain and was so scared. But it really didnt hurt. Once they are done they will put some medicine in you where they took the sample. Dont wear nice undies cause this stuff will stain them. After that, I went back to work and there was a little cramping but it was very mild. My Period hurts far worse.:hugs:I really hope that helps....Cause it wasnt bad at all. If I ever have to do it again....I wont freak out. It is way better than going to the dentist.:hugs:

Thanks honey, that makes me feel a little better. I am just praying that what they find isn't grade 1 cancer, that it is only about a CIN 2 ( pre cancer) at worst.

Please keep your fingers crossed.

Bek74 I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this now. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs))

Aww hunny:hugs:
Got everything crossed for you

Every thing crossed for you hun, I hope all goes well chick.

Xx

I wouldn't worry much, my first pap ever, they thought I had HPV cause I had little white spots on my cervix, trust me, I was really scared, but it turned out to be nothing at all.

I just had a colpscopy last month during the pregnancy and luckly they didnt a biopsy. I know how you feel I was so scarred, but after I found out I had an Abnormal Pap Smear I had to wait 3 weeks for the colpscopy. My thoughts are with you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"