So scared?!

expecting3

Reaction score
What where your hcg levels in early pregnancy?

I found out i was pregnant 3/26 and when I went into my drs to confirm the pregnancy the test was negative. My LMP was 3/3, im not sure when I O because I was tracking it. My dr sent me for blood work and my levels were 25 Miu. since then I have continued to test and lines are getting darker (same brand) could this signal rising HCG?

My dr said I could be miscarrying or maybe ectopic?

I am scared to death,this would be my 3rd pregnancy and I have never had any complications in my previous pregnancies.

What are the chances of ectopic? and what are some signs I should watch out for? thank you in advance for your replies.

Why did your doctor suggest could be miscarrying or it could possibly be eptopic? Did he give you a reason why he said it was a possibility. 25mui is considered a positive at my doctors. I can't see why alone that whould suggest a failing pregnancy. I'm very suprised they haven't ordered repeat bloods to check to see if levels are doubling as they should. It all just seems very strange to me, I'd definatley go get a second opinion from a different doctor.

I don't think a Dr can say that you might have an ectopic or mc without a second blood test to show doubling time. I'm not sure what the numbers mean, it's not routinely checked here, but I'd say the darker lines are a good indication that things are progressing well. Can you request another blood test?

If your LMP was 3/3 and you're not sure when you ovulated then odds are you were in the very early days of your pregnancy when you had your levels checked. Based on a single level, I don't see that you have any problem at all.

At best your doctor was thoughtless and at worst completely unprofessional. I'd suggest finding another doctor who will give real advice and take care of your pregnancy properly instead of scaring you with wild theories about what's going on with you.

I bet your baby's fine and your pregnancy's progressing perfectly. I'm sorry that idiot scared you.

I actually went for a repeat blood on Tuesday and I'm still waiting for my results. In the mean time my appetite has decreased,I am having trouble sleeping,very moody. This doctor has really gotten to me. I am thinking positive but I can't help but keep doubting myself in the back of my head. Idkwhy she would tell me such a thing ugh!!

To be honest hun it makes absolutley no sense what so ever and id consider an official complaint. Did you have any other symptoms of a possible failing pregnancy? Bleeding, pain? I just can't understand how one blood test which in no way is a negative, 25 is a positive, can be considered a sign of a eptopic or miscarrige? Miscarrige would be diagnosed through falling Hcg levels taken 48 hours apart and one result of 25 is im no way a sign of eptopic. And if she really thought that then why has she not booked an early scan for you? I was suspected of possibly having an eptopic this pregnancy due to one sided pain, bleeding and hcg levels taking longer to double than they should and I was refered straight to the epu. I'm no doctor but I've had enough pregnancies to know that what she said isn't correct or fair to you. Try not to worry yourself over it as hard as that is. I will keep everything crossed for you.

From the moment I got my BFP, I was very moody & my sleep was SO broken! I've got everything crossed for you hun, I really think everything will be ok xx

ETA - I had a suspected ectopic, as was having bleeding & pain on my left side.. I was sent to the EPAU within 4 days for a scan.

I have had no bleeding or pains at all. I have several pregnancy symptoms and have been pregnant twice,both resulting in healthy full term babies. She is solely going based on my level of 25 miu. Which was taken 8 days before my expected period. AF still isn't due until April 3. My Dr wants to get the second blood results and then when my hcg reaches 1000 she wants to do a scan.

Just wanted to update that I received my new numbers and they went from 25 to 163!!! in 3 days so they are more than doubling yay!!!

Congratulations! So pleased for you! I'd be hesitant to visit that doctor again if I were you. Put you through a massive amount of worry for no reason what so ever with nothing to back up her concerns. Hope you find someone who can give you the care you and your little one deserve!

I was very hesitant to see her again even before my pregnancy because she was using her iPhone to find correct medicines for my UTI.something felt off about her. I am now only waiting on my pap results from her and then I will be moving on to another doctor. Thanks for all the support and encouragement.

So glad to hear that your numbers are fantastic. Chalk it up to a learning curve; you found out that this doctor was rubbish before you had to turn to her for for the significant care in your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"