So she's 8 months old now and still drains 4 x 8oz bottles!

BethK

Reaction score
What do I do?

People keep telling me she's taking too much milk, but she cries for the bottles every 4 hours and drains the lot!

HV still insists I starve her of milk so she eats more food.

This is her eating routine -

7am - 8oz bottle drained
9.30am - breakfast, porridge
11am - 8oz bottle drained
2pm - lunch, sandwich or toast or veg with yoghurt
3pm - another 8oz bottle drained
5pm - fruit, I try to get her to eat more at this time but she's not interested at the moment.
7pm - last 8oz bottle then bed.

I know she's drinking too much and not eating enough but she's showing no signs of dropping a feed or even just lowering the oz!

Hi hun, did you try offering her more varieties like some cooked food from what you'r eating? Something like pasta with veggies/meat & sauce, rice with stews, baked fish or chicken, scrambled eggs, etc. You can fork mash them at 1st.

She's still eating mainly stage one food (fruits, veggies & cereals) & those are not soo filling at her age, this is why her body is still asking for more milk.

I try her with veggies and meat, she's just not interested, will suck a bit on the meat and if you give her roast potato but otherwise she just looks at it :(

The rice she can't pick up and if I prepped a spoon for her and hand it over she thinks it's a rattle!

Will have to try the fish and eggs I think!

You can make risotto & offer it to her instead of normal rice, or some rice balls. I thought u were TWing :dohh: .

With BLW she will start eating more when she's ready, just keep offering her more varieties. Once she starts eating more she will drop some milk feeds, the 1st year is for fun.

Shes baby led, gonna have to think of more stuff to give her I think.

She's still on cow & gate comfort which we went on due to reflux.

I'd suggest giving her breakfast earlier in the morning and then offering her some food before her 11am bottle.

we're doing BLW and I found that Lottie wasn't really eating anything until I started to switch her solids and milk around. Our day is now:
7am 8oz milk
7.30ish toast/cereal/fruit
11.30 lunch pasta/veg/leftovers from our supper hte night before
12 8oz milk
2.30 4oz milk
5pm supper
6.30 (post bath) 8oz milk

why not try the cow and gate 6 months+ it may be a bit lighter and she may want to eat more solids...also add a bit more variety like someone earlier said hun. If you change milk just see how her reflux goes x

Aliyah's routine sounds about the same,even though she is a bit younger! Im finding it hard to try and get her to drop the bottles. She is still taking 5 bottles of 6oz in the day with her breakfast & dinner with desert.
Trying to drop her bottles today and add in her lunch and see how i go lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->