So sick of the scare mongering....

My DH and I read an article put out by the psychology field a while back. It was pertaining to politics and why some people tend to be Conservative righties and some are lefties. The psychology studied general characteristics of people rather than political ideologies. They've absolutely said that Conservatives or righties, tend to be driven by fear, their motivations and decision making come from a place of how they feel the consequence may effect them-very much fear driven. I have a good friend like this and even though she votes left, she is completely motivated by fear. Lefties, tend to be open to a number of options in how they deliberate decisions and rarely make their assumptions and general direction in life based on fear. They often involve environmental, social and a number of different factors into their decisions. Politicians know this and play on those fears ie Bush with his war mongering if we don't fight the enemy etc etc, or if you vote for Hilary she'll take away our guns. In Canada Harper does the same thing with his righty followers, his marketing involves telling people that the opposition just isn't ready to lead and the economy will fail if we vote anything but Conservative. Leftist parties will focus on the state of the environment and tend to put more objective facts on the table to think about. Which is often why they're called Green or other such names.

When I hear people fear mongering among pregnant women, or any other topic for that matter, I always think of this article. The absolute worst decisions are made out of fear, we have to embrace the good reasons we have for doing things (like delivering a baby, having children light up our lives) and focus on positives like pain management, future snuggles with baby, and really all of this amazing medical technology that we have these days to help us out with labour & delivery. We are living in the very best time on planet earth to be delivering babies. Don't allow those sorts of people to influence your decisions in anything you do, they will always be ranting on the same tangent, and when it's never a positive one you have to understand that it's NOT a great way to make decisions and you never want to be that sort of person.

ignore them!!!! i never got a ring of fire. i had two stitches and was cut but it did not hurt because by that point your ready to give birth...

my friend was convinced i would tear because she did. she loved telling me how her relation was sick all the way through too because i hate being sick....

labour hurts. but you get on with it. taje the pain relief etc and you will be fine!

it is a day i still look back on daily six months later. its the proudest day of my life. my biggest achievement. you will be absolutely fine. you won't even think of the horror stories when your in labour. your midwife is there to support you and keep you comfy.

treasure it because its soon a memory that you will miss xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->