so sore pls help x

puddycats

mummy to jake
Reaction score
my boobs are so so sore, i wince in pain when jake latches on and i have to take deep breaths, nearly cried once of twice. i ff feed as well, he never seems full from bf, he only has formula once or twice a day and thats just to give me a break from the pain and so i know he is getting enough, when i bf he falls sleep then soon as i move him he wakes screaming for more, he usually does 15 - 30 min on each breast.

one day my left breast felt so heavy and hard on the underneath of it but felt better after he fed. what is it?

anyone please help xx

:hugs: Firstly, I would get some lansinoh cream and apply it after every feed. Secondly, check his latch to make sure he's not on the nipple and has a good chunk of breast. :)

thank you, will get some cream tomo, he does take a big chunk lol, its soon as he shuts he mouth on my breast im like "insert lots of swear words" think he has invisable teeth lol x

I know exactly how you feel hun - I am in agony on my right side and dread each feed. I have really struggled with BF and have been wondering whether to give up but feel so guilty for even thinking about it.
I think I have a latching on problem on the right hand side but no matter which way I try she doesn't latch properly. My nipple is sore and cracked and bled yesterday. Its been making me feel so sad.

Going to persevere for a few more days though to see if it gets better.
xx

It'll pass, I promise! I had cracked nipples for about the first week and lansinoh was my saviour! :flower:

my midwife says the best thing for sore nipples is rubbin our own breast milk onto our nipples it actually does help as i havent had cracked or so nipples and ive done as midwife says its just when he latches on ohh the pain.. going to do at least another week and hope the pain passes, but i will buy some cream tomo x

What you described was exactly what I went through. For the first couple weeks of my LO's life I would watch her and worry about the next time she would want fed. It was like she had little razor blades on her gums! I would nearly scream and cry with pain. As the sun would get lower in the sky I would start to get anxious, what would tonight be like? would I get any sleep. Would she wake every 2 hours or would I possibly get 4 hours of sleep. It sucked! I would put on lansinoh before and after every feed. The nurses at the hospital said to put it on before as well because it would be like a lubricant for at least the beginning of the feed. My LO had the softest skin around her mouth :haha:
It gets better! I promise! I wouldn't be here nearly 7 months later if it didn't. Now LO only eats about 5-6 times a day and only wakes once for a feed. Keep your chin up and know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

I second the motion of some nipple cream, but also have you thought of expressing inbetween? My LO is only on her 3rd day but I have one blistered nipple and the other is tender, so I bf whenever is possible (though the blistered one makes me cry) but I express as well just so I can have a break.

It will pass! I got major painful nipples and the latching even seemed right, but even so they hurt so bad. After 2 weeks or so they suddenly healed. And my entire boobs hurt too. Its because when your milk comes in your breast tissue gets swollen and also your milk can come in too much. After 3 weeks or so they felt much better. Mine were hard too and nursing did help some. Just hang in there, it does get better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->