So sorry but I need some support

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
I'm really getting myself down and it's starting to affect my sleep.

Isabella was born on Halloween 2013 and my periods returned this April. They were pretty much every 30 days up until 17th August. After that I missed my period in September only to start bleeding 7th October. It turns out I was having a m/c sadly. It took two weeks for the tests to go negative but then I got a couple of faint positives after that. I'm now getting negatives but still have pregnancy symptoms - I actually look like I'm pregnant from the bloating! I spoke with my GP last week who said to test again and if I was negative then I'm likely not pregnant (again/anymore) I didn't actually get to see the GP, just a telephone consultation. I don't want to go to the GP as I pm scared of making a fool of myself, it's just this is driving me nuts! I have terrible bouts of spots, shattered all the time, terrible mod swings, loads of visible veins on my boobs, constantly wet down there (sorry!) and really sensitive teeth.

With my daughter i was three weeks late before I got a BFP, last month I was over three weeks late when I got my positive (albeit I lost the baby) and now I'm six days late.

I'm really sorry to be such a pest, it's just this is really getting to me! anyone any ideas? Could I be pregnant and just not getting positives? Is it just the results of the mc? Xxxx

Sorry for your loss. I think you should get checked out, it could be effects of the mc and something doesn't sound right. GPs never think your stupid for things like that so don't worry about that.

I just feel weird going to speak to him again as its only been a month. I'm worried there is something wrong but don't want to make a fool of myself for nothing. It makes it worse that im a qualified nurse and have worked alongside the gp so he speaks to me like a colleague instead of a patient xxx

Why don't you pop into a family planning/sexual health clinic they are great on reproductive issues and you wouldn't need to face your gp. If there is something going on would be best to get checked early. You won't name a fool of yourself but it could give you the reassurance you need.

Sorry about your miscarriage ,Its possible your progesterone has not dropped enough yet leading to you still feel pregnant. if it continues I would ask for testing of your progesterone level and HCG level.

Thanks ladies. I just feel so stupid! I just want to continue ttc but really struggling. I just see babies and pregnant women everywhere and it is frustrating me. I dont wan't my GP to think im just a daft women upset about a m/c and him thinking its all in my head. If i was having clear negative tests then i wouldnt be thinking i may be pregnant but since i went from clear negatives to some faint positives then its messing with my head. Doesnt help that im now a week late for my period - although im aware this can happen following a mc. Arrgh! xxxx

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Nobody with any compassion would think any woman was 'daft' for being upset over a miscarriage - mine still upsets me now and again 4 years and a rainbow baby afterwards!

It sounds like you need checking out, something isn't quite right. Could they do a blood test to see if you're pregnant/something? Could clear up the confusion over the faint positives/BFN. Just explain as you have here, they will understand. Can you ask to see a different GP at the practice, one you haven't worked with?

Its possible you also fell pregnant again right away, as happens quite frequently after a m/c or a chemical, especially very early ones.

If you're still getting positive tests i'd ask for a blood test

Thanks again for the help ladies. I have an appointment with my GP on Tuesday so will see what's happening. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->