So the second trimester is here and I feel worse!

KatiePC

Reaction score
Made it the 2nd tri as of today, and goodness me I feel far worse than I have done in the first tri! I'm getting seriously dizzy and near passing out whenever I'm vertical and have done for the past week, and getting very out of breath at doing nothing!! I've missed work all this week due to this. My BP Monday was 96/60. I'm very fed up with it, as so many said I would be glowing by now!!!

Im not feeling worse but feeling just as bad. Still cant really eat and feel tired all the time xx Hope you feel better soon hun.

My MW told me dizzyness comes and goes in the 2nd tri. My SIL was nearly passing out whenever she stood up, she went to the drs and turned out her iron was low.
Hopefully you will start feeling better soon x

Yep ive had this with all of them!

Make sure you drink plenty and have some snacks to keep your sugar levels up xxx

I felt horrible first trimester due to morning sickness (no vomiting though), but during second trimester I felt just as bad due to lack of energy, feeling faint, and out of breath as you describe. I've heard these can be symptoms of pregnancy so aren't really worrisome in and of themselves, just gotta take care of yourself and rest when you need.

My personal situation was that I found out I was low on iron and started taking an iron supplement. It helped immensely with my general feeling of well-being, but I am still liable to feeling short of breath at times too, and sometimes a bit of heart thumping. I just learned to slow down and take it easy when I needed and it helped. It took me longer to do things like housework and all, but it's worth it for my health and well-being.

It takes time. My nausea was at its worst in the 14th week and started abating only in the 16th week. I thought that I would have to suffer till the end with nausea but thankfully, it is gone. I still have other issues - muscle aches, rhinitis (severe sinusitis), backaches, headaches, indigestion, etc. So yes, the second trimester isn't without its problems. But I think that with the 16th/17th week, you should start feeling better. Take care!

And welcome to the second trimester!

Hiya,

I felt worse in my 14th week too - even more sick than before, went from having absolutely no appetite one second, to being absolutely ravenous the second after that! My blood pressure was even lower than yours! It lasted about a week, and then ever since then (touch wood!!) I've felt absolutely fine! I've had a few dizzy spells because of my low blood pressure - I have naturally low pressure anyway - when I woke up in the morning, mostly if I didn't eat enough the night before.

I found eating apples sliced up with salt sprinkled on them helped me. I craved salt, and I'm sure it's my body's way of increasing my blood pressure! Also drink lots of water.

It will get better - hopefully!

I don't feel alone anymore! It's reassuring to know you have all had similar in a weird way. Must say it really was getting to me when simply sitting on the toilet was enough to make me go close to passing out! Lying on the floor was no fun!! I'm hoping it doesn't last much longer, as I don't want to be cooped up indoors and off work any longer, crap daytime tv is mind numbing!

My 14th week was bad too. MS had gone at 12 weeks and came back at 14. made itworse thinking it had gone.... i didn't start 'glowing' until about 21 weeks. Sorry!!
Also at 14 i got really tired again and had to take time off work to sleep. Think maybe baby has a major growth spurt and takes it out on mummy!!

I was so ill in the first tri and I had an awful time around weeks 13/14..

The good news is it should definitely be gone by the time you reach 16 weeks. I think it just gets worse before it gets better!!

It disappears just as fast as it comes too.. I was suprised xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->