So upset!

ser523

Reaction score
So apparently my husband decided that it was a good idea to tell his ENTIRE family that we're pregnant. It was his grandfather's 90th birthday celebration today, so there were tons of people there - cousins and stuff. I was out to dinner with a friend and I stopped by after to say hello and get some cake. I get there and people are all oh, congratulations.

We started telling people last week after we had our first doctor appointment - his parents and siblings, my mom, my sister and my two close friends. When we told his sister and her husband, two of his uncles were there (who are extremely rude by the way) and he told him too. Which, I wasn't happy about because obviously if something happens, I don't want to be discussing it or whatever with a ton of people. And we've had two losses previously, so it's definitely something that I worry about all the time. But DH claims he doesn't remember me being upset or the conversation we had about the uncles finding out.

I'm sorry, but telling family and close friends means telling your IMMEDIATE family, not everyone you're frickin' related to. Like God forbid something happens, I don't want all of these people (who I barely know or don't know at all) knowing about. That situation is something that is private and personal and very emotional. And we've talked about how we're going to announce to everyone at 12 weeks, we even just ordered the announcement cards so we'll have them to mail out in a few weeks. But what's the point in spending $50 on cards, if you're just going to tell everyone now?!

There aren't words to describe how upset I am right now. Honestly, I'm shocked that I'm not sitting here crying. I'm just so flabbergasted at how stupid he is and what on earth possessed him to think that I would be ok with telling all of these random people in his family. WTF

I'm so sorry and I agree I would be upset too. Especially if you had already discussed sending out announcements then he should have known. I bet he is just probably super excited about the baby and couldn't hold it in. However men sometime don't think before they speak!

I'm sorry and can completely understand why you would be feeling so upset. I'm sure it's just excitement on DHs behalf but still doesn't make anything easier.

Thinking of you. X

I understand its frustrating but maybe he is just excited to share his news.

My ex did this with my first pregnancy. I totally understand your frustrstion/anger. I remember getting so mad at him and he just looked at me like I was a psycho woman!

It's nice that he's excited to share the news, better than being disinterested but I totally understand your being upset especially if you have ordered the cards to surprise everyone and are worried about something going wrong, I had a similar situation today at a kids party, hubby decided to tell a load of school mums who we barely know at all that I am pregnant!

Awww. I agree that he's probably just excited. I know how upsetting that can be, though. It's hard when you're worried about loss. My DH somehow brought it up in the middle of a D&D game... I was more surprised than angry, but he was a little hurt when I questioned him about it. (One of his game friends ran up to my car window to excitedly ask me about the pregnancy... in front of our youngest daughter, whom we haven't told yet.) I was just caught off guard when I found out, but he thought I was mad and got little sulky and said "sorry for being excited". I felt so bad after that. Thankfully, in my case, the people he told are people I don't normally have a lot of contact with, so if something goes wrong-- he can be the one to tell them instead of me.

Hopefully your DH would handle that for you if it were to become an issue, though I can understand not wanting people to know at all if possible. :(

I'm sorry you're going through this. I don't understand why it's supposed to be OK just because he's excited when you said you guys already discussed how you were going to tell everyone. My dh does this crap all the time,it's like why do we even talk about things and agree beforehand when you're just going to do whatever you want anyway! Been dealing with this a lot lately too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->