So what's happening with this meet then?

:rofl: Hmmm see i live on a farm so guess i have to deal with that anyways :shurg: TBH i'm good with anything, prob too cold to be outside anyhoo :)

Well Claire you never know...to get there at about 10 we have to leave at 3am :rofl: I dont know....maybe we can find a travel lodge or something and see how i feel :)

it only takes a couple of hours on the train from edinburgh direct if thats any help? We've done that journey preston to edinburgh (allbeit not in 1 day) thats why i was thinkin it wouldn't be too bad maybe? There's a holiday inn in the city centre, have no idea what rooms rates are tho.

I have an idea but dunno if anyone is up for it??? We could always do a whole weekend, get a travel lodge or something? I'm up for that i anyone else is??

I don't mind play centre or farm, more germs in a play centre though I reckon!!! Lol.

I don't mind one day or a weekend, as long as it is really cheap. I will happily sleep on the floor :rofl:

i dont mind a day or weekend,

Train from edin direct is ok aswell but depends where we go when we get off the train it'd need to be close?? cos we cudnt take prams and car seats.. and need to add on an hour to the journey time cos we dont live in edin haha,

Sarah leaving at 3am... ahh.. dunno, i'd be so tired coming back, might be better to stay 1 night, we can just get a twin room and share would be like.. 25 each or something surely for a travel lodge?

well that was my consideration when i said about the Preston play centre as you can easily hop off the train but it's a 20 minute walk or there are plenty of black cabs outside T Station depending on how you feel about them but i'm happy to go with whatever.

Tho goodness knows what i'd tell my oh about going away for the w'end, he's not clingy or anythin and wouldn't be bothered he'd just think i'd gone potty :rofl:

You'd just sleep i drive through the night all the time :lol: Been down to Lincoln like 3 times since July driving through the night so thats not a problem. Car would be tons cheeper TBH as we have fuel here :) My only stress is getting into the city.

I dont know how we'd manage to get all the kit for them sleeping somewhere on and off the train with us or carry it anywhere :shrug:

Weekend sounds quite fun, i dont care so long as its not too expensive :lol:

ohh yea i never thought of that, everytime we've been away it's been with the OH so he's always carted the stuff :blush:

yeah tbh id be happier if we drove and stayed 1 night, then we cud take sleeping stuff, train with it wud be hard but also needed cos the train takes so long, I dont mind driving a bit in the city but satnav would help - mum has 1, but wud be better in daylight.we can make it work,

if ppl arent up for weekend (think some people had dogs to get home for ?? ) then we cud do 1 night? wud be quite nice to do something with kids even if its just the park in the day then go for dinner?

don't quote me on it but aren't there like porters or whatever they're called at the stations? i've seen them pushing big trolleys of stuff for people (sometimes in a golf buggy type thing) and then loading it onto the train i think.

:lol: I just think we will HAVE to drive unless we get train back same day and i have a feeling that train would be a nightmare with a toddler trying to get free all the time :rofl:

Also porter is one thing but they cant lug prams, carry cots and bags with them :rofl: Would be daytime when we get there claire :) You can just stay here or i get you on route i'm not fussed but i prefer to drive through the night.

yea you could end up like Ellie and I did and we ended up at some bloomin deserted t station with 2 flights of stairs to get up! Not good :nope:

depending on where we decide to meet, if its preston and you decide to stay over, I can always come out with you ladies for some tea somewhere if you like or just show you where various places are and leave you to it,whatever, just so you're not stranded with no clue where to go!

sarah i might need to borrow tabs old car seat that lays flat then, cos mine is just normal maxicosi and dont think its that good to have her in it for hours and hours?? but would be better if she could lay down if the journeys gonna be like 5 hours..

St Leonards Farm is about a mile from my house :D I didn't suggest it though as it's not easy to get to by public transport. But if people are mostly driving then that's less of an issue. It's also right opposite a Marriott hotel, but that's not cheap. There is however an Ibis hotel in Shipley (about half a mile from my place in the other direction) which is cheapish (£50 a night probably).

I would offer crash space but space is limited. Could probably accommodate one adult and their child/ren.

i think we should have some polls, one for when, one where, one weekend or day or one night...

Claire thats fine, i took Tabs down at 8 weeks in hers it says you can do that long if they are lying down so totally fine :)

yeah mine i wouldnt be happy bout for more than 3 hours but urs lies down so thats cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->