So, when are you all announcing?

Gracesmom10

Reaction score
So we announced to our families/close friends the day we got our BFP which was only 9 dpo. Then we slowly announced to other family.

Well, today I announced officially to everyone by sending out this picture.

With our twins, we announced at 7 weeks and with our daughter I announced at six weeks! This time, it is a little over 6 weeks! Most everyone knew we had been trying for quite some time, so it is of course expected news!
IMG_1877.jpg

So we announced to our families/close friends the day we got our BFP which was only 9 dpo. Then we slowly announced to other family.

With our twins, we announced at 7 weeks and with our daughter I announced at six weeks! This time, it is a little over 6 weeks! Most everyone knew we had been trying for quite some time, so it is of course expected news!
View attachment 857479

So cute!!! I announced to close family at 10 weeks and the rest of the world post our NT scan 12 w 4 days. :)

View attachment 857479

So cute!!! I announced to close family at 10 weeks and the rest of the world post our NT scan 12 w 4 days. :)

Thank you, I stole the idea from pintrest!

I will be 12 weeks on the 19th of this month and my first ultrasound is on the 20th so! fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and well I plan to announce on social media that day but both families (extended and otherwise) already know

I have my dating scan at about 10 weeks. We've already told our immediate families and a few close friends, so after the dating scan if everything is all good we'll slowly start telling extended family and the rest of our good friends. Then after they all know, which will probably be around 12 weeks, I'll put it on social media and tell the rest of the people at work (my boss and staff union rep already know).

We told parents right away. Undecided on wether to tell the kids straight after the first scan is its their birthday the same week i hit 12 weeks, I am unsure on wether it would be like a nice birthday present or like taking the attention away from their birthday so might wait an extra week or 2 after. Tell the rest of friends and family after the kids know.

Cute idea!!
We had a loss last year at 9 weeks (in which we told people of course after seeing a good heartbeat) - so this time around we will not be sharing any news until 13-14 weeks. We've only told our parents so far and thats it!

Most of my family know only very close friends know planning to announce it to everyone else after 12 week scan on the 17th :) xx

We'll announce it to work and my close family after 12 week scan. DH family we are seeing when I'll be 17 weeks so we'll announce to them then.

Will tell DD some time in between.

I've told my mum and i told a close friend who is also pregnant but my husband keeps telling everyone! I am only 8 weeks and have experienced 2 miscarriages in the past so only wanted to tell necessary people until I had my 12 week scan.
My husband is so excited even though this is baby number 7 and totally unexpected 😁

We have told only immediate family at the moment, then after we've had our 12 week scan we can start telling extended family and close friends then once we've done that announce on social media a couple of weeks after once we've told everyone we want to personally

When I was pregnant with DD, I told my sister at around 6 weeks but made her keep it a secret because we had a family visit planned or right around 12 weeks. I told my parents when we arrived.

This time, I told my sister at 6 weeks and again asked her to keep it quiet. Then I immediately told my parents and gave them permission to mess with her head. :) I came clean on a big family Skype call a few weeks later.

Since I'm not the type to post obvious or gushy things on Facebook, I made my "announcement" there by making this my cover photo. I also did it on April 1, since that was close enough to 12 weeks and now no one knows for sure if I mean it or not.

Attachments

• natural_parenting.jpg
    natural_parenting.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 42
We have told all close family and not telling the rest of the world till we've had our scan. I've got to tell my boss at work tomorrow though as I support adults with leaning difficulties and challenging behavior so will have to be moved to the independent living team so everyone at work will probably guess anyway xx

I announced on the 1st also (at 12w 6d), and fooled a lot of people. Then we posted another announcement on the 2nd making it clear that we were not joking on the 1st! I had told a lot of people already. Told most people around 9 weeks.

We've told close family already I.e parents and my best friend knows (I tell her everything noway I could of kept this from her lol) but will be telling everyone else after 12 week scan. Not sure when I will be telling my son yet don't know whether I'll be able to hold out until scan x

We've not told anyone yet. I'm amazed that my OH's parents and sister haven't sussed us out yet due to staying at their house over Easter and me not drinking. We have my OH's brother and family visiting us in a week or so and as I don't think we can keep it secret from them, we'll probably announce it to family then and the rest of the world after the scan.

I'm going to try and see how long I can hide it for because other wise it's just to much hassle with my family they complain at me

I told at 8 weeks with my DD after numerous scans. I'll be having a scan around 7 weeks this time and I may announce then if all goes well. But think I'll wait until my 12 week scan. My mum already knows.

Mh_ccl I love that! I am like you i don't put much on facebook. Never did any kind of anouncement last time but think we will this time. Kids have lil monster 1&2 t shirts so they can wear those then OH hold a sign infront of my tummy saying lil monster 3 and post that round the close family first then on face book for the distant relatives and friends to see.

Iv not told anyone, im finding it hard though because im not good at keeping secrets lol im hoping to keep it quiet until 12 weeks but i will probably be showing by then i seem to show pretty quickly :/ but i dont mind too much if family find out i just dont want to tell my children until iv had 12 week scan. Im going to make a dr app this week and ask him if i can have an early scan so around 7-8 weeks, I'll get pics at the scan (if i can have one) then go to a florist and have two bunches of flowers sent to the grandparents with the envelope on them saying 'nanny and grandad' inside the envelope will just be a scan pic :) thats if they dont guess before hand lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->