So Worried! Had the Flu & High Fevers!!!

Tiger22

Reaction score
I am just finally getting over a terrible illness of the flu! I had it for 2 weeks. I ended up having a high fever for 6 days and 7 nights!!!! In the upper 99's-100's....one night it was up to 101.5 and one night it was up to 102.5 Which I went to the ER for IV fluids and I did take Tylenol around the clock for about 5 days straight. I just finally broke my fever and am starting to feel better. I was 13 weeks along during all of this. Just turned 14 today. I am so worried that this illness harmed the baby....in the ER when my temp was high the babies heartrate was up to 180! The docs weren't concerned but I read that it should be between 120-160 around this time. I have read some scary studies about high fevers causing mental problems and autism, etc. or even being fatal. I'm so worried about my baby!

Ask your midwife hun. I think they will be ok though. Xx

i had flu with my first he was fine hun x double check with docs x

Had the same issue this past week. I called and spoke with my OBGYN though because I had so many concerns. She said that they only worry about high fevers for a prolonged time. High fevers meaning 102-103. Mine got up to 103.2 for one night & like you, I went to the ER for fluids and even more Tylenol. So you did the right thing. Did they prescribe you Tamiflu? My OBGYN had them give it to me and said they give it to pregnant women all the time without issue. Made my flu only last a week thank The Lord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->