So worried

LittleLala

Expecting #3!
Reaction score
Hi girls. I am 5+6 today and scared. Due to many previous early losses, I test every morning with a frer to kind of keep my mind at ease. Well today it has done the opposite. For the last few tests, the test line has been really dark and MUCH darker than the control line.
But today it is only about equal to the control :( it is so much lighter than it should be.

I will attach a pic of today's test (which has 27 on it) compared to yesterday's test. I am so worried.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 21
Try not to worry and breathe. It could easily mean nothing due to the 'hook effect'. At a certain point your hcg gets too high and HPT start to show false negatives. You're probably starting to get to the point where tests will start to turn around.

If you are really that worried 1) try to dilute your urine with some water before dunking in a HPT. 2) Call your doctor. If you are right on with your dates and you are 6 weeks tomorrow, doctors may start willingly give you scans to check for baby and heartbeat.

I have been where you have been. Earlier this year 2 chemicals one at 4 1/2 weeks and one at 5 1/2 weeks. With this pregnancy I forced myself to stop testing at 5 weeks since I do know of the hook effect. As soon as I got the 3 plus on my digital I was content and tested no more. Of course I still worried like heck and hell I still do at times.

Best of luck and Happy and Healthy 9 months.

Thank you for your reply. I know about the hook effect but I thought it was too early for it, or that it would show a much fainter line. But I did as you suggested and you were right, it was the hook effect. I just spent an hour crying for no reason! I think I just can't believe that this time might be real, you know? I keep expecting to see blood every time I go to the bathroom.
Anyway, now that it has reached that level I will stop testing.
I have an early scan due for Monday when I am 6+2. I really hope that I can see a heartbeat then.

Thank you again x

Stop testing! I tested up until 5 weeks, and I freaked out because the line actually became lighter than the control. I read about the "variant hook effect", so I diluted my urine and the test came up much darker than the control. I had my beta drawn that day and it had gone up to 4977 from 1502 in 4 days. I vowed to stop testing after that!

The "hook effect" doesn't usually happen until much later, but the "variant hook effect" can happen as early as 5 weeks.

And if it makes you feel better, I cried for an hour when it happened to me too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->