Soft cervix & only 1cm long at 34 weeks? =S

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Siinead_x0, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Siinead_x0

Siinead_x0 Well-Known Member

Could anyone tell me what this means? :wacko: Is it a bad sign?

2. digs

digs Expecting baby #2

Hun I don't know - have a chat with your midwife - did they not explain!? I'm sure it will be fine. xx

3. bekkie

bekkie Mommy Due Sept 20

I haven't had an internal at all yet... my first is at 36 weeks - definitely ask your MW what it means, they should explain it - but if they didn't show concern it's probably normal :D

4. corrie anne

corrie anne Mom of 7 girls and 4 boys

its not a good thing to have a crx being 1 cm long at 34weeks. but that doesnt mean you have started dililating yet. did they do an internal exam? are you starting to dililate? or did they do an internal u/s. I have had 3 premies. 34wks,32wks,and 33wks. they all are healthy now. but i would ask for the betamethizone shots for the lungs just in case. i am surprised they didnt say anything else to you. please update when you hear anything else.

5. Siinead_x0

Siinead_x0 Well-Known Member

I was admitted to hosp on wednesday as i thought my waters were leaking, so they give me an internal to see if they were.. They werent but they said my cervix was soft & 1cm long & they kept me overnight as a precaution.. was supposed to of gotten checked th morning after again to see if there was any difference but i never did! & i got 2 of them shots while i was in. I did ask questions but never got no answers :( th doctor that was examining me was German aswell so couldnt really understand what he was saying..

6. MUMOF5

MUMOF5 Now a mum of 6!

Evie came at 34 weeks exactly weighing 3lbs 12oz after my waters broke 2 days before. (Id had the steroid injections for her lungs weeks before as they suspected she may have to be delivered early), Im sure that if your l/o does arrive early then she will be fine after a couple of weeks in SCBU. xx