Soft play foam mats for baby?

Vee_Bee

Proud mum of two boys :-)
Reaction score
Hello,

We want to get one of those colourful foam playmats for our 7 month old as he rolls around all over the place, often ending up depositing a little spot of sick on the new carpet!!

The website that sells most of these says not suitable for under 3s - does anyone have one for a small baby with no problem (such as chewing the tiles!)?

Thanks

x

Weirdly, I read something on here a while ago saying that these have been banned in many countries because of harmful chemicals in the foam. We used the alphabet ones from Tesco for my daughter buy since reading that I am not keen to get them out again for my son and I think he will just fit in his play ring until he is confident sitting unaided. Maybe someone will remember the thread and have a link to the article.

^^^ WSS!

I remember a big thread about the harmful chemicals used to make them glossy/sturdy. Maybe you could do some researched on baby safe ones that don't have any harmful chemicals in them xx

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/692431-foam-floor-mats-worth-reading.html

Heres the thread, with a link to the article xx

Thanks all - I think the one we are thinking of getting is labelled as being suitable from birth, and that it has been safety and toxicity tested (I'd make doubly sure before I bought one though) but the stories about the strong smell is putting me off!! I hate anything that makes my house smell so this might drive me crackers!! :wacko:

My daughter had the alphabet ones, and she was putting the dots from the I and J in her mouth, but they were waytooo big for her to put in completely. I think it's just because there is a potential choking hazard. Just look at the size of the dots and you will know though; mine were massive. I would have had a real job to get them in MY mouth, let alone hers.

Our friends have some for their 1yr old (but got them when she was younger than this)from ikea I think? They look great :) and she's about as safety conscious as they come so I doubt they'd be unsuitable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->