solo mommies/daddies to Be?

LaylitaGypsie

Reaction score
So, I have found threads for lesbians, solo parents after an unfortunate event (break up, or worse, am parent passing away), etc. But so far, have found nothing for ladies/gentlemen WTT as a solo parent to be. Am I the only one on here at the moment, or are there Others? If so, what are your Reasons?
myself, am planning to be a solo mommy, for various reasons. Some of the main rreasons being my lack of desire to be in a relationship, my utter fear of intercourse (AI only for this girlee), and endometriosis causing me to feel as though times running out fast, despite only being slightly shy of 23. :blush:

No experience sorry but have you seen the AI section of the website? Although they won't be WTT if there aren't many people here I'm sure you will find some solo parents there :flower:

No, i hadn't thought to look there. Haven't really strayed from the wtt section. But i shall go have a look. Thank you

Am I the only one on here at the moment, or are there Others? If so, what are your Reasons?

Hi, I'm also planning to be a young solo parent despite only being 22. It's nice to know I'm not the only person in this world :hugs:

My reasons are similar to yours, I don't really want to be in a relationship but I feel like I'm ready to have a baby. I've always wanted to be a mom and I want to have them before I get to old. I'm worried if i keep waiting for this perfect person to arrive ill be 35 single and wishing id done it years ago. They always said you regret the things you didn't do more than the stuff you actually did...

I don't recall the name, but there was a man on her who was single and had a baby by a surrogate.

Good luck! I think it's awesome that you know what you do and don't want.

I'll be 30 in December and still haven't met "the one"...yet. Sometimes I worry my biological clock will be up before I become a mom and I can't picture my life without having children. I just know I want them.

Am I the only one on here at the moment, or are there Others? If so, what are your Reasons?

Hi, I'm also planning to be a young solo parent despite only being 22. It's nice to know I'm not the only person in this world :hugs:

My reasons are similar to yours, I don't really want to be in a relationship but I feel like I'm ready to have a baby. I've always wanted to be a mom and I want to have them before I get to old. I'm worried if i keep waiting for this perfect person to arrive ill be 35 single and wishing id done it years ago. They always said you regret the things you didn't do more than the stuff you actually did...
:hugs: I agree. It's harder to regret the things you've done. At least you know, if you try. Or in our case, have the baby. Are you planning nine to do at home AI, or to through a Clinic? What kind of a time line do you Have?

I'll be 30 in December and still haven't met "the one"...yet. Sometimes I worry my biological clock will be up before I become a mom and I can't picture my life without having children. I just know I want them.
I'mexactly the same. I cannot picture a life Iin which I don't have at least one child. I feel as though I was put on this earth to be a mom.
I remember reading somewhere, that medically, the best time to have a baby is your late teens to early 20s. I have nothing against older mothers, but I have always felt I would be a younger mom.and with my endo, the sooner I start, the bbetter my chances.
I don't recall the name, but there was a man on her who was single and had a baby by a surrogate.

Good luck! I think it's awesome that you know what you do and don't want.
Thanks. And I'mglad he had success, who ever this mystery man may be

:hugs: I agree. It's harder to regret the things you've done. At least you know, if you try. Or in our case, have the baby. Are you planning nine to do at home AI, or to through a Clinic? What kind of a time line do you Have?

Well I know the man who I'm planning to have the baby with, we found each other in February and were planning to Co-Parent. so atm were getting t know each other better to make sure we would be ok being parents together even thought were not in a relationship. Hopfully if everything goes well we will start trying in 4-6 months :) xx

This is my biggest fear, I've always been bad at relationships so I don't want to get to an age where people start asking those questions!

I think you're very brave Sasha92. Co-parenting....I honestly don't think I could handle it. Personally, I don't believe I could handle having to relinquish some of my time with my child, risk losing so many memories. that's not to say i think co-parenting cannot work out, I sure it works perfectly for some people. I just don't think its something I could do. Good luck, and lots of baby dust. keep us informed n how things go

If it comes down to it, I'll have a child or children on my own. It feels like my life would be incomplete without having children.

I think you're very brave Sasha92. Co-parenting....I honestly don't think I could handle it. Personally, I don't believe I could handle having to relinquish some of my time with my child, risk losing so many memories. that's not to say i think co-parenting cannot work out, I sure it works perfectly for some people. I just don't think its something I could do. Good luck, and lots of baby dust. keep us informed n how things go

Me and the dad live around a 2.5hour drive from each other and he has a very demanding job so I doubt he will be around that much but he will help out financially. if I'm being honest I think he just wants somebody to carry on his name and so he can say he has a son or daughter. So I'm happy with the arrangement, the baby will live with me but he will help with all the costs. As much as I would want to spend all my time with the child I appreciate that having their dad around is a good thing as well. He wants us to have family holidays and stuff so hopefully it will be good :) i will let you know how it goes xx

myself, am planning to be a solo mommy, for various reasons. Some of the main rreasons being my lack of desire to be in a relationship, my utter fear of intercourse (AI only for this girlee), and endometriosis causing me to feel as though times running out fast, despite only being slightly shy of 23.

Me and the dad live around a 2.5hour drive from each other and he has a very demanding job so I doubt he will be around that much but he will help out financially. if I'm being honest I think he just wants somebody to carry on his name and so he can say he has a son or daughter. So I'm happy with the arrangement, the baby will live with me but he will help with all the costs. As much as I would want to spend all my time with the child I appreciate that having their dad around is a good thing as well. He wants us to have family holidays and stuff so hopefully it will be good :) i will let you know how it goes xx

When I first read your post I thought you and your dad were going to co-parent. I read it again and saw that you said the dad. :haha:

My original plan was to be a single mommy by choice after I was financially stable, but then I met my fiance. Now I'm glad that my plan didn't work because raising a baby with someone is difficult enough as it is, let alone by yourself. Obviously if you don't meet anyone and really want children then you don't have any other choice, but it will be a lot harder to raise a baby by yourself than you might think and it would be good to have a support system of some kind to help you out. Do you live near family? Do you have a lot of friends that would be willing to watch the baby from time to time? These are all things to consider when becoming a single parent, honestly I believe that having a co-parenting arrangement is better choice and probably what I would have ended up doing if I hadn't met DF.

I cant speak for the others, but i believe i have a wonderful support system. I currently live with my mom, though i intend to move out before ttc, and i do not intend to move to far away. My brother and grandmother also live within a 10 minute drive, as with my dad if i got desperate. As for friends, most of them already have kids,and have demanded to be allowed to look after my future child as soon as sje/he is off the boob, or able to be bottle fwd, so i think I'm good for babysitters.

i know it will be a massive shock for my family, given in single and have no way to get preg yet (in their eyes, ai doesn't exist outside of ivf), but i also know they will be overjoyed. I already get asked when they will get grandkids/neices/nephews/cousins from me.

as for co parenting. I have no doubt in my mind that its a good idea. However, as i said in a previous post, i don't think its for my. The thought of an essential stranger being around my child alone terrifies me. Also, i worry, however irrationally, that if i co parent, i will miss all the firsts. First smile, laugh,word,step,etc

LaylitaGypsie - I am also planning on doing this on my own. There is a thread in assisted conception https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/1993001-any-solo-mums-out-there.html They're all really nice and understanding - you should head over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"