Some advice needed!....

curlylocks

Reaction score
I'm so happy - just got home from work and have 2 letters from the hosp - one to say I have my midwife app on the 5th Nov and another to say first scan on the 17th of Nov :happydance:(Scan date seems a lifetime away though!).

The only problem is, one is at 09.30am and the other at 4pm! - I work 8am-6pm! I didn't want to tell work until I was passed my scan. I am hardly ever off sick (literally never) until Monday when they sent me home coz I was suffering with a seriously bad headache!

Should I call in sick on both these days? Or risk telling my manager before I feel ready to??

Thanks xxx

OOh im sorry hun i dont know what to say (im a full time mum so dont have that prob lol)
I think you should do what you feel most comfortable with.....is there know way you can say you have a doctors appointment for a "woman's" health check that cant be changed for the first appointment, its kind of half the truth lol.

Good luck hun xxx

I'm so happy - just got home from work and have 2 letters from the hosp - one to say I have my midwife app on the 5th Nov and another to say first scan on the 17th of Nov :happydance:(Scan date seems a lifetime away though!).

The only problem is, one is at 09.30am and the other at 4pm! - I work 8am-6pm! I didn't want to tell work until I was passed my scan. I am hardly ever off sick (literally never) until Monday when they sent me home coz I was suffering with a seriously bad headache!

Should I call in sick on both these days? Or risk telling my manager before I feel ready to??

Thanks xxx

Wow, your scan is the day before mine, how exciting!
Its whatever you feel most comfortable with, I did tell my boss as soon as I knew so that I was ok to go out on any appointments and things like that.....she has also been really understanding when I have felt ill in the mornings and always offers support.
You can only do what you are happy to do. All the best:hugs:

hey hun, you could either call the hospital & ask if theres any chance they can arange it for the same day this is what i had to do. If they say no then you have a bit of time to think of what to say to work but id defo give the hospital a call first see if they can help you xxx

Could you not take the 5th off as holiday.... you could you were doing something for bonfire night? then take the 2nd date off sick.

Thanks for you're replies ladies.

Unfortunatley I have no more holiday days left to take! Very annoying (I knew I should have saved some!) I think I will try and call them tomorrow and see if I can make the midwife app the same day as the Scan - alhough I am a little confused about why the midwife app is 2 weeks before my scan anyway! Any ideas? xxx

IMO you don't have to tell her what your doctor's appointments are for. It's none of their business. Just tell them you have a couple doctor's appointment and need the time off.

Just what I was going to say. Surely you are allowed time off for doctors appointments, you don't need to explain why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->