Some advice please....

Whisper

Mummy to DD & DS
Reaction score
Just recently, yesterday and today my LO has been very grouchy.
I have been b/f exclusively since she was born and she usually feeds every 2/3hours during the day and most recently has been going approx 4-6hours at night!
As i said since yesterday she has been really grouchy, even after a feed (which usually calms her and makes her sleepy) when i am feeding her towards the end she stays latched on but makes crying/grunting noises and throws her head back with my nipple still in her mouth (ouch!!) she goes bright red and when i take her off she screams, not just a little cry but a full on scream! (this isn't every feed but pretty much every other).

I burp her she does maybe 1 burp (she doesn't often get much wind), oh i do give her infacol before every feed. All this time she is still crying so i put her back on and she quietens down for a second then she starts on with the jerking her head back (but she is still getting some milk as in between i hear her swallowing and she has milky chops?).

Another thing, she has started being sick a lot more, it isn't projectile vomiting and she doesn't tend to cry or look in pain before, i will look at her one second and the next time i look at her there is sick everywhere.....so she doesn't make a fuss before or after.

Well today she is being really fussy and seems to just want to sleep or be snuggled with her dummy, she is alert and bright when not crying/sleeping but i really just don't know if this behaviour is normal. I fed her last at 2pm and she should be wanting another feed now but she just wants to sleep.....

Does anyone have any advice, i am feeling like a hypocondriac mother. Is this something to worry about or completely normal?

OMG!! Whisper...that is Rebecca! I came ot my mum's tpday as she was so bad yesteray..doing exactly the same as Amelia and I didn't fancyfacing it on my own today.

Anyway, today she has slept loads! She is asleep right now and wouldn't usually sleep at all during day!

The jerking head around thing yesteray put me in mind of the last growth spurt she had. And they are due one now eh?

This is what I'm thinking anyway! Maybe it's when they're getting our milk production up that they get stressed with the BFing and start doing all the wailing and flailing of arms and pulling on nipples?

Oh, btw the first thing I thought was that her wind was getting worse again (it had started to calm down) and so today she has been getting Infacol again that I had stopped giving her about 2 weeks ago. I had tried Gripe water but we just weren't coping with me trying to give her on a spoon! lol
I thought wind cos sometimes she'll do the jerking head back thing and turning red just before a trump or poo. She wants the nipple for comfort but somehow doesn't want it all at the same time if that makes sense?

It would make sense if it was a growth spurt, but wouldn't she want to feed more frequently rather than sleep?

Just when they get you into false security of a routine and habits they go and change it all!

Actually just fed her and she seemed better she had a kick around on her play mat which she wouldn't do all day and now is asleep in the pram.

These little miracles like to keep us on our toes dont they..?!

Oh, btw the first thing I thought was that her wind was getting worse again (it had started to calm down) and so today she has been getting Infacol again that I had stopped giving her about 2 weeks ago. I had tried Gripe water but we just weren't coping with me trying to give her on a spoon! lol
I thought wind cos sometimes she'll do the jerking head back thing and turning red just before a trump or poo. She wants the nipple for comfort but somehow doesn't want it all at the same time if that makes sense?

That is exactly me! lol
Her wind was ok so i stopped infacol and started on gripe water but like you the spoon and baby just don't work it ends up all over her, me and the floor!

The nipple for comfort and not wanting it totally makes sense to me, that is exactly what she is like. I have started resorting at times (when she keeps jerking her head back and screaming) to taking her off and giving her the dummy and she seems to calm down, but then i worry that she should be feeding and not just sucking on the dummy?

Probably a growth spurt. The gorwth hormone is released during sleep, hence the reason they sleep so much during one!

Mine has been doing that today too, I was worrying he was coming down with a cold or something (thrush?). I'll have to see how he sleeps tomorrow, I need more sleep too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->