Some advice please

Farie

Reaction score
hi there,

I know I'm not really eligible for this section yet, but I was wondering if I could may be ask some advice please?
DF and I have been TTC for 11 months this month, I have a Dr appointment this coming Monday (after an abortive attempt at seeing the Dr last week ... long story, don't ask ... bloody Dr receptionists!)

I was trying to think of questions but I'm not really sure what I need to be asking? I don't want to get fobbed off with 'your young/not been trying very long/give it time/relax'
I know I need to ask about DF and a SA ... that's a given, in light of his t/c I think its over due really .. but try explaining that to a bloke! I know he will need to request it but I want an idea of what it involves so I can give him instructions and tell him to get on with it!

But for myself what should I be pursuing? I thought may be if I went in actually with an idea of tests that I could have/need etc then I might be in a better position than just waiting for the Dr to offer stuff....

So sorry I've rabbited on, its just I really want to make the most of this appointment, and since DF is in Peru I have to go alone and if I have an idea of what I need to say/ask about then I might not clam up so badly and just end up being fobbed off and then upset. That's what happened last week - I arrived and signed in and then they forgot to call me and I missed the appointment and then when I went up and queried why I had waited an hour I just stood and apologies to the receptionist for being a pain and needing to book a new date :dohh:
Sorry babbling again ....

how old r u like? doesnt matter how old u r anyways!! i wudnt say im in this section yet, but as soon as i get my cd21 results bk i may be...think u shud defo get dh sperm tested and u av cd3 and cd21 bloods done,and u just say look i want this now, so that in another 11mth im not sat ere n ur tellin me i nedd this that n the other!!
i "thought" i was ok, im 27 and had my first bfp but mc in mar08,we werent ttc, but ive been with 2 different x in the past n never feel pg, so it was a mega suprise! but i was sure somat was wrong, i had bloods done at consultant4somat eles n they checked my hormones, and gp sai my estrogen seemed a little low and cos we didnt know wot cd i was on when i had these test ive just had cd21 done (get reulsts next wk) ive a feelin i only O every other mth...but in the time this was goin on (6wk ish) i got dh 2 av sperm checked and hes fine, so i think u need2say, i dont want2put all the effort,stress,money,upset in2 ttc when im not 100% eveything is ok !! simple as, if they wont do wot u ask uknow u defo need2change gp hun cos its unfair x keep us posted x

Well my dr has done the following tests on me, hope this info will help u.

CD21
LH FSH ratio test (CD3 i think)
Testosterone
Hiv
heb b
pshyalis
swab for chlamydia
Internal check
DH SA

I think that's it, they all came back fine, but i'm seeing the FS a week on Monday.

Good luck. XXX

Thank you :hugs:
I've had HIV, Hep B and C and Syph done recently for our medicals for our immigration paper work - guess I'd better remember to tell them that!

hope u get wot i want when u ask 4 it...best thing ive done for the past few mth is write it down exactley wot im wanting etc, cos i wud get there and cum out with nothing!! and u shud say aswell "ive been recommended by a ttc site consultant 2av these test done!" then he shud think oh shes defo looked in2 this uknow sometimes i wonder why some doc r doc and so on cos arent they there2help??

Some quacks want you to be trying more than a year would you believe ...imo not someone whos ever been in your shoes and understands how frustrating & emotonally draining it can be. I say that so you are prepared but with the right attitude you could get far places which to me is short and blunt ...I have been TTC a baby for 11-12 months I would like to speak to you about now considering some necessary testing related to fertility possibily referred to the infertility clinic.

One thing I was told was going to your local clinic and being tested for various things like chlamydia one test that is rarely tested for unless requested is bacterial vaginosis (BV) - most infertility clinics will be happy to hear you have gone for these tests whist waiting for the referral appointment ;) I rang the GUM clinic and asked for ALL including the above I mentioned I had to request that.

Infertility clinic can be more useful to you if you can get it and in the mean time your GP could help by doing and LH test and you helping youself as above.

Good luck hun x

my gp has been fab with doin my cd21 tests so soon, and garys doc with doin his sperm, neither time were we asked how long we'd been ttc, but i figured my go knew anyways,keep us posted hun, n i totally again with wot wobbs said :)

What Wobbles said! I just went to my doc and explained I had been trying for a while and I had long cycles which I said I was concerned that meant I wasn't ovulating so he ran CD5 and CD21 blood tests and also did swabs to get for any infections going on, as my blood test results came back showing I wasn't ovulating he sent me DH for a SA and referred us to the fertility clinic.

Thank you girls :hugs:
I guess I just go in and be calm and strong (and not jabber then clam up!) and ask for a basic set of test to check I'm Oing etc, CD21 (would that need to be later as I O on CD20?), LH FSH ratio (CD3 I think Daisy said) and what ever else they can offer to check stuff.
And what DF needs to do for the SA ....

Oh well ... I can at least try! Please god its a nice Dr!

Yes to the CD21 test, explain roughtly how long your cycles are and when you believe you ovulate and the doc will probably advise you which day to go on as your cycles are longer than the standard 28 days. Good luck! Let us know how you get on

Another abortive attempt at the Dr .... turned up and Dr was off sick :dohh:

So I'm booked in tomorrow at 4.30 .... 3rd times a charm .... hopefully!

Thank you all

Dr was really nice and has organised CD21 and CD3 tests - I have another appt on the 21st to get the results of the 21day bloods and see where to go from there.
She has said depending on the results she will think about an ultra-sound and possible HSG if she thinks its needed.
She doesn't think it's PCOS or Endo due to total lack of symptoms for either - but will follow it up if needed.
DF has paperwork to register and get his SA organised .. hopefully having the results by the 21st so we can go in together. Or she'll organise it on the 21st for him.

Thank you all for your help

Glad you got your appointment in the end and he is doing some tests, got my fingers crossed that they all come out well for you

I'm glad things are moving forward. All sounds really positive. Good luck with your blood test results.

We've been TTC the same amount of time and are at the same stage in our cycles so hope we get BFPs together!

xx

:hug: Hayz
Hell yes .. I like that idea
Off to 1st Tri together ... Now that would be good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back