Some brands of HPT progressing, but not others

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi lovely ladies,

I am officially in complete limbo land! I don't know if this is a chemical pregnancy or not! I feel so wretched not knowing what's going to happen. If this is going to end badly I'd rather it was sooner rather than later as my heart and hopes feel like they're being squeezed through a vice!

So I got my first BFP on what I think was 10dpo. I had lines on a clearblue plus, an FRER and super faint lines (barely there faint) on an IC and superdrug tests. I tested again in the afternoon with FRER and clearblue and the lines were darker. Yesterday, to my dismay, the lines I got on clearblue and FRER weren't darker than my afternoon ones of 10dpo, but darker than those initial ones. The superdrug I took yesterday was darker as was a cheapie I took in the afternoon. Then this morning, bad news again, the clearblue was still the same, very faint. Annoyingly though, the superdrug test was noticeably darker as was the IC I took. They have faded a bit now when dry, but there was no denying they were darker when I first looked at them in the 5 minute time.

What is going on?? I mean this isn't good news. The good brand tests like FRER and Clearblue should clearly be getting darker if this were a viable pregnancy, but then why are my cheaper tests showing progression??!

I hate this limbo. I just want to know this is a chemical so I can move on. I feel so despondent and hopeless about all this.

This is why using tests isn't recommended for progression. Give it a day or two then test again, you are still so, so early!!

I'm having a similar problem . I took a digi with weeks indicator which came up as 1-2 yesterday which has me worried since it should have come up 2-3 . But my cheapies that had barely there lines are getting darker and I've gotten a great line on a frer 2 days ago . I still have a handful of cheapies and another frer but I want to wait a few days and buy another digi. I have so much anxiety this time around! I guess I should be happy that I got my best line yet for a cheapie this morning with fmu since the cheapies have been so faint and my fmu hasn't worked very well at all until today but I keep going back to the digi and stressing about low or slow rising levels :(

I've heard it's best to test every other day if you want to see some progression as testing daily doesn't always show it since the hcg can take time to double :flower:

Sorry to hear you are in limbo,feeling the same after a not great scan today at 6 plus 2:(.is there any way u can get bloods done?

Wait a few days then take another . Hcg doubles every 48-72 hours so you may be on the longer end of the doubling time

Tests arent a good indicator of progression as so many things can effect the darkness of the test but if you must (i did!) Test every other or every 3 days

I would recommend sticking to the same brand of test, frer are very reliable. And like others have said leave it a couple of days before you test again. Good luck.

I had similar concerns...obsessed with lines, actually. My tests did get darker every 2-3 days, slower then other people's, BUT still within the range of normal. My last test was just before 6 weeks with afternoon pee and it was darker then control. I haven't had any bleeding or anything and over 7 weeks now. As far as i know things are still progressing...my belly is certainly getting bigger and I feel pregnant. Time will tell. I know it's so hard not to worry, especially in the early weeks.

Try not to compare your lines with others of the same dpo...just will drive you crazy! Also I always get better lines with afternoon pee, for some reason.

There's so much that can change the darkness of a line, test sensitivity , diluted urine, how early you are in your pregnancy etc.
I know it's worrisome ! Try and wait a day and re test ..I recommend FRER , I haven't used the new ones we still have the original ones where I am .
Good luck !

This is why using tests isn't recommended for progression. Give it a day or two then test again, you are still so, so early!!

I wait at least a week before testing again! Also I don't monitor hcg levels or temp anymore. I feel it just stresses me out. I had a MC prior to this one btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->