Some feeding Q's!

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Hi ladies ~

Just wondering how long it takes your LOs to finish their bottles,

Sometimes Elyse gobbles hers down and it seems she's finished in seconds (I know not really seconds lol but definitely less than 15 mins for a 3-4oz bottle).. and others it seems to take forever, like 20-30 mins?

Also, Elyse has the worst gas I've ever heard on a baby. Basically... she's a fart factory, lol, she does it soooo much, they smell bad, they're really loud and sound like an adult's - sometimes I wonder if it was her or her dad that let it rip...

But she won't burp. Maybe one or two per feed burping her, I find she burps more on her own sometimes than if I try forever other times to get her to produce just one tiny little one.

And she gets hiccups all the time! She's on Similac and we're just using Evenflo glass bottles because she won't take anything but these itsy bitsy nipples..

I'm going to ask about switching her formula maybe at her appointment tomorrow, also I'm thinking of buying the Playtex Ventaires bottles..

Any other thoughts?

somedays leeanne takes 5 minutes to polish off a 4oz bottle other days, like yesterday, it took her an hour, she was acting so lazy with it!!! i think its just like adults where somedays it takes us much longer to eat a meal then other days!

as per the farting, leeanne farts sooooo loud! its so bad she farted last night and i looked at BJ and said 'was that you?' and he says 'um no i was about to ask you the same thing'. i would think its good that they are farting tho, means the gas is coming out rather then staying in and causing them tummy pains!!

leeanne hates hates hates to burp (check out the photo in the formula fed babies photos and you will see LOL). there are some days i burp her for 20 mins and she wont burp but when i put her down for a nap and pick her up after she wakes up she lets huuuuuge burps go!! we take her off the bottle every oz now to burp her and that seems to be working! also we are adding some gripe water to her bottles which seems to have helped her burp a bit more!

as for the hiccups i have no advice there because leeanne gets them terrible, she screams and cries when she gets them because they bother her sooooooo much!!!!!

bottles---for us its been a trial and error thing (and expensive at that!!) we have yet to find a bottle that works for her! we have been using the ventaire advance ones and we loved them at first (despite ppl warning us about them leaking, i didnt believe them!) but now they are leaking really bad! Ive let them dry over night for 12-13 hours and they STILL leak, so they havent worked for us but i hear they have worked for others! we are trying the gerber nuks out and so far I really like them! they have a nice air vent system above the nipple hole which takes out all the air when she sucks, but she needs to get used to the different shape nipple and different flow of it!

i would talk to your doctor about formula switching. i know a lot of people that dont like similac because its really hard on their babies tummies. leeanne was on it at first but it made her not poop and have really bad trapped gas!!

I'd talk to your doctor about changing formulas. We never really had gas problems with Hannah. I mean she did have gas but it never seemed like an excessive amount. We always used the the Playtex ventaire bottles and we are one of the ones that haven't really ever had problems with them. I also use Nestle Good Start formula, which my pediatrician said was one of the better ones (didn't cause as much gas)--but I know others on here whose babies it caused tons of gas with! Just trial and error I guess

forget to add...when leeanne has hiccups bad i give her a bit more of the bottle. usually she will take 1/2oz and her hiccups are gone :)

I give Betty Enfamil A+ gentlease. I was having all the same problems you guys were, she's alot more "average" now.

Oh, and I use Born Free bottles and the same gerber ones pinkmac uses.

Helena hardly ever burped. She was also a farter :rofl: She also always had the hiccups. I did what pinkmac said and just feed her a little bit more formula and it usually goes away.

I use Gentlease and Dr Brown bottles and have zero gas issues.

Grace too, was a farter! Now she's both. I suppose if it comes out one way or another...

Lol Tiffany farts more than burps! As long as the wind is going that's the main thing. It can take her all different times to finish her bottles. Depends how hungry she is, how relaxed she was before etc. Anywhere from 10-20 mins atm but when she was on slow flow teats it could take up to an hour at times! x (Just to add she gets the hiccups once or twice daily - I'm sure it's normal)

My little girl is the EXACT same way. She rarely burps when I try to burp her but burps alot on her own, has hiccups all the time, and like you I've thought that her farts came from her daddy not her lol I think its normal

She takes about 20minutes to drink 7oz. But sometimes takes longer, say if she doses off when i'm feeding her: She'll wake up, drink. Fall asleep, stop drinking. Wake up......etc. lol.

But i've just upped her oz's to 8, it takes about 25minutes. Sometimes less if she's being greedy. :)

Max always gobbles his bottle down , and we noticed he was farting like a trucker so we switched to playtex drop in bottles and he stopped being a trucker and had good burps ..

as for switching formula talk to your dr first to make sure

I have the Playtex Drop Ins bottles but she REFUSES to take them; she likes little nipples? lol.. those are too big for her tastes argg!! Maybe when she gets a little bigger she'll actually take them from me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->