Some help again !! - last time i promise :)

TeenPreg

Reaction score
Hi girls, I’m back, you were such a help last time, I wondered if you could help me out again, I have a few more questions for my project, it would be great if any of you have 5 mins to answer these questions for me  thank you !!

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Have you heard of ‘condom cards’?

It is a government scheme where teens are given these cards, it means that they will be able to have free and easy access to contraception.
Do you think this helps reduce teen pregnancies?

Did you know that in some areas of London the government are trying out a new scheme, ‘over the counter contraception’. It means that children under 16 can go to their pharmacy, speak to a qualified pharmacist and obtain contraception. It is the same procedure as a woman would go through to obtain the morning after pill. What do you think about this idea?

What do you think of SRE (sex and relationship education) in schools? They will start at the age of five, where children will learn about simple changes in their bodies

Do you think any of these will help reduce the rate of teen pregnancies?

What do you think will reduce the number of teens becoming pregnant

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Bucks, UK

Nope

It is a government scheme where teens are given these cards, it means that they will be able to have free and easy access to contraception.

It's a good idea, but accidents will still happen, and there will always be people that just won't use them, simple as

Did you know that in some areas of London the government are trying out a new scheme, ‘over the counter contraception’. It means that children under 16 can go to their pharmacy, speak to a qualified pharmacist and obtain contraception. It is the same procedure as a woman would go through to obtain the morning after pill. What do you think about this idea?

If it help prevent the pregnancies, then yeah, good idea - i doubt any of these 'children' would go though

What do you think of SRE (sex and relationship education) in schools? They will start at the age of five, where children will learn about simple changes in their bodies

Nope, accidents will still happen and people will still choose not to use any contraception

What do you think will reduce the number of teens becoming pregnant?
Nothing to be honest. There will always be accidents, and always people that choose not to use contraception

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Essex, UK

nope

It does sound a good idea, but I think some people would be too embarrased. I think it might depend on where they have to go to claim the condoms from too.

I do think it's a good idea, however.. contraversal it is. I think the thing you have to think about with this is that girls are having sex younger and younger, so i do think it is important for girls to have access to contraception other than relying on condoms. But, it is very contraversal. It's definately not a nice thing to think about. I can see both sides of the argument for this one.

I do think five is a bit young. They're only children and are meant to not worry about changes and things like that. They are just a bit too immature for lots of details. I don't know how I would feel about my little girl being taught about that when she turns five, well I would feel very uncomfortable. I think parents should have a say in what is taught to their kids, i.e be able to go into the school and see for themselves what their children are going to be exposed to, that way you would know exactly what your child will find out. I don't believe that this will have much impact on teenage pregnancies, five is just too young to take in that sort of information. Who remembers what they were taught at five clearly?

I'm sure it will help a few people, but you can't put teen pregnancies down to just not being informed. Some people, sure, if they had better access to information and contraception, then yes I think it wil help reduce it.

Other than the ease of access to contraception and information, I don't think there is a lot else. If parents and teens were able to talk easier about the topic and be able to openly trust and accept if a teen decides they are ready to 'take the next step' then their parents would be able to provide them with information and support. Personally I feel that having been a young mum (pregnant at 17, and gave birth at 18) I will be able to speak to my daughter when she is of age about this topic, and I do believe that it will be a major factor in her life. If that makes much sense. But i mean teenage pregnancy was so common not so long ago, with our grandparents and great grandparents eras, and it wasn't looking down on as much as it is now. That doesn't make much sense to me. There will always be some people who will have kids young, that's just how the world works.

----

Hope this helps a bit! Sorry if some of it is all over the place and doesn't make much sense. My daughter is trying to climb off the sofa :haha:

xoxox

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Devon.

No.

Maybe, but to be honest it is easy enough to get condoms around here, you just go to the NHS walk in center & they give you them for free regardless of your age, but obviously I don't know the situation elsewhere so, it may help.

I think the likelyhood of under 16's going would be quite low, as they would see it as embarrasing, but it is good that the option id there for them.

It's good it will start younger, as some people develop younger, and they don't know what is happening to their bodies and don't feel 'normal'. Though I do think 5 is a bit too young.

Maybe, I mean there will be people that will learn from the teaching, and will use the condom cards, I don't think it will significantly reduce teen pregnancies, but it is a step.

Like another poster said, if parents etc, were more open about sex, in some families it is seen as a 'taboo' subject, when it shouldn't be. I have friends whose parents have given them condoms at the age of 16, it may seem odd to some but I think it is good as it teaches them about safe sex & it means they wouldn't have to go out of there way to get contraception. We will never be able to stop teen pregnancy all together, some people will still not use contraception & some people will have accidents sometimes.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Shropshire, UK.

Nope

May do and some people just still wouldn't bother, and there's still accidents. I thought me and my partner were being 'careful' but nope haha.

I think alot of young people would be embarrased to go and speak to them about getting the pill or whatever. It'd be more people perhaps over the age of 16 or whatever that would go not so much the young ones.

I think 5 is too young. I have brothers that are 8 and there's no way they'd be interested or even remember what they were being told. I also work with 4 year olds and they shouldn't be told about or made to be aware of changes they're just children.

Maybe, but there's plenty that will still fall pregnant by accident.

I think they'll always be accidents, people in their 30s fall pregnant by accident it's just something that will always happen, accidents happen, it's life.

Hi girls, I’m back, you were such a help last time, I wondered if you could help me out again, I have a few more questions for my project, it would be great if any of you have 5 mins to answer these questions for me  thank you !!

How old are you?

Where are you from?
Near london

Ermmm, nope i don't think so.

Ohh, no i had no idea, and i dunno it could do yeah.. but it depends how they work really - cause if you could use the card at chemists or something you might be less embarassed than going to a clinic or a doctor who you think might mention it to your mum - not that i had this problem.

it's a good idea, but most pharmacies give them anyways i think, and they tell you how they shouldn't but they'd rather that, than young people getting pregnant. Plus they're actually quite expensive.

Could be a good idea, i guess if you're brought up knowing about it, it can be good, we had alot of lessons on it, but didn't cover too much, they we're just kinda like read the leaflets - you can do this - they didn't really explain how it worked or anything.

They could do - i think the card idea sounds good - mind you there's alot of people who just won't wear condoms cause it's not as comfortable, and forget the pill and stuff.. i think maybe a few other forms need to be promooted better?

Well for me it was the simple fact the pill didn't work, but my doctor didn't check, he also didn't tell me it doesn't work properly till the second month - which i found out AFTER i got pregnant. And girls often forget the pill, i got put off the idea of the injection when the doctor said it could last up to 12 years - i was like ahhh!!
i think it's also almost a thing where soem girls don't really have anything else to do - so they kinda turn to having a baby (not the case for me - but a girl who was talking to me the other day seemed in this situation) - they don't realise how much hard work a baby is. and i had NO IDEA that pregnancy would be this difficult - but it's difficult to change people's attitude's without people thinking we're all just rubbish mums and stuff :(

How old are you?

Where are you from?
London, England.

Emm.. I think so.. if they're the ones I'm thinking of.

There's still accidents, but It might do.
Depending on if we USE them!

Don't they already do that?.. :blush:
But I think it's a good idea, though younger people might be embarassed still.

What do you think of SRE (sex and relationship education) in schools? They will start at the age of five, where children will learn about simple changes in their bodies.
I think 5 is VERY young!
I have a 5 year old brother and I know that I'd much rather explain to him when I think he's ready rather than having someone do it when he doesn't understand.
Then again, if it's simple changes it might be beneficial.

I don't think at 5 it would make any difference to be honest.
But the other programs might.

I agree that if parents weren't so shy about the topic, it might help.
But there'll always be accidents, and nothing is 100% fullproof.
Except abstinance, which is just not realistic.

Hope this helps you! Good luck. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"