Some questions about Depo Provera and....

lean

Reaction score
Hey everyone!! I am new to this forum and I have a few questions about birth control, thought maybe some would be able to answer them from their own experiences.

I am 26 and I have been on Depo Provera shot since I was 18 years old. I had my last shot 2 weeks ago (July 12 ish) and plan on going off of the shot when this 3 months runs out.

I am not trying to conceive at this moment but just wanting to know what you experienced going off of it, how long before you became pregnant, any super irregular periods?

Since being on depo everything has been spot on for me. No side effects, it has been so great. After all these years I am scared to get my period again.

I do however want to conceive next year sometime.

Any insight/help is appreciated! :happydance:

after depo my periods came bk straight away but everyone is different

That's what I am hoping mine does, as I am sure everyone else does. I know that when I get to the end of my 3 months on the shot I do get some spotting as well.

mine literally came a week after it wore off and i went straight on the pill, worried now tho cos i havent had period for so long that it wont come bk so quick

Thank you for your input. I forgot to add that usually at the end of my 3 month shot I do start to feel cramps like I would normally feel if I was having a period. I just hope it doesn't take too long to come back for me :|

i think the depo is actually quite good in that it wears off gradually and your body gets used to the dropping levels of hormones so doesnt normally affect fertility too much, saying that i didnt get any periods the year i was on it but was never late having my shot so that may be why. I have heard about the first one being normally and very quick but the one after being delayed as its the first time you havent had the depo before and therefore it throws your body off a bit but as i went straight onto the pill it regulated quickly due to the 7 day break.
hopefully someone who came off it to come off it altogether no pill after can help you on that one xx

Agreed, everyone is sooooo different.

I had one shot of depo and it was as bad if not worse than the other BCs doctors tried me on. But, I'm not a candidate for BC (the doctors finally figured that out after about 5-6 different kinds :dohh:).

Depo was the worst for me, and my period didn't come back for 18 months, and then the next AF was another 6 months after that and then it was back on track. But like I said, everyone reacts differently to BC so hopefully since you've been fine on the shot, you'll bounce back to normal in 3 months. :)

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to give my body a break off of the shot! Come on October :)

My shot wore off a week ago I haven't got at but really bad headaches

I got my first ever shot in November 2012, was due the next shot in February this year haven't gone back and I'm still without a period!

I will never ever go back to it, I hate not knowing what's going on with my body!

Also I've heard long term use of depo is terrible, how comes you were on it for so long if you don't mind me asking?

Every time I went in to the doctor I always asked if it was okay, and they always told me there were no issues with being on depo, and I have heard that being on it long term isn't an issue.

I had one shot of depo and it screwed my body up for 2 years. I had very regular cycles up until I received the shot and then after that they were all over the place. I ended up having to be on progesterone suppositories to stay pregnant with dd.

But everybody is different! I know of people who got pregnant as soon as their shot wore off. fx'd for you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->