Some questions?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by xKimx, Apr 7, 2009.

1. xKimx

xKimx Mummy :)

So i have been giving Ciaran some cows milk now , But the only problem i have is he wont take it cold , And wont take it from his cup. He drinks everything else from his cup but milk:shrug: I really wanted to take him off his bottles when he is 1. Any suggestions / tips ? xxx

2. thelilbump

thelilbump ♥ mummy to a princess ♥

i'm sorry i don't know but i wanted to bump back up for you.

3. aidensxmomma

aidensxmomma 3 on Earth, 1 in Heaven

I don't really have any advice, but I've also been giving my son cow's milk now as we want him completely weaned before his little sister is born. Aiden's never had a problem with taking it cold, but that's because he's only ever had cold drinks. He never liked his formula or anything warm. Another thing we did with Aiden was that we didn't use sippy cups hardly ever. He just didn't like them. So we got little cups with covers and straws, which he seems to like much better and is getting very good at not trying to drink too much at once. Maybe warming the milk up some, would help. :shrug:

4. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I would try warming the milk, I think it's pretty common for babies to not like their milk cold

5. embo216

embo216 Mummy to 3 <3

Yea i heard milk straight from the fridge sometimes makes their little tummys hurt, I warm lilys in the microwave for about 10 seconds just to take the chill off it. I guess my only advice on milk in the sippy cup is persistance, just keep trying I guess! Probably rubbish but thats what I'd try to do. Hope it gets better hunny. xx:hugs:

6. DonnaBallona

DonnaBallona newlyweds!

have you tried it through a different type of cup? ie not a sippy cup but a beaker with a flip-down straw? or even just with a straw in a cup?

sorry, only things i could think of!! XX

7. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

same here max hates his sippy cup , but luckily we found a nuby brand one he loves ..but as for cold milk try to warm it enough to take the chill off :)

8. embo216

embo216 Mummy to 3 <3

Lily loves her Nuby sippy cup too!

9. xKimx

xKimx Mummy :)

Thanks :D , For those that take it warm , how do you warm it when you are out?

10. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I would probably just use a cup of hot water (restaurants around here usually give us one without any fuss)

11. staceymy

staceymy Mummy To Two Princesses

At first i took the edge of the coldness by warming for a few seconds in the microwave. Then gradually she got used to it being abit colder. Sorry dont know about geting him off the bottles as Olivia still has her milk in a bottle before bed.
    Did he take formula milk in his beaker?

12. lady3

lady3 Well-Known Member

Marlie loves her Nuby too! We started weaning her from her bottle by just switching one bottle at a time. So far, we've only managed to switch her morning bottle when she's the least tired. I was supposed to switch her afternoon bottle today, but then she had a fall and bumped her lip really badly. It was quite traumatic for her, so I kept her with the bottle for today.

13. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

I swear by the nuby sippy cups lol ..easy transition and no leaks