Some statistics for those that are worried...

gypsy1981

Mum and expecting #2
Reaction score
I found this on Wikipedia back when I was pregnant with my daughter and found it quite helpful as did a few of the people on here so I thought I'd post it again....

"Studies using very sensitive early pregnancy tests have found that 25% of embryos are miscarried by the sixth week LMP (since the woman's Last Menstrual Period), even if a woman does not realize it. Miscarriages after the sixth week LMP happen in 8% of pregnancies. The risk of miscarriage is "virtually complete by the end of the embryonic period," with a miscarriage rate of only two percent after 8.5 weeks LMP."

I'm 8 weeks tomorrow so only half a week to go before I can feel quite safe! :)

Obviously this doesn't account for missed miscarriages but I think the study said that these only happen in around 1% of pregnancies x

That does help! Only 3 weeks for me. Thanks for posting :thumbup:

I don't think you ever stop worrying once you've had a MC or a MMC. I know I didn't after mine. All you can do though is try and tell yourself that statistically your baby is going to be fine and keep your fingers crossed for the best. Hope your baby stays strong and healthy x

You just have to think the odds ARE in our favour. Hard when you've been that one percent as I well know - mmc at 8 weeks after heartbeat seen! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->