Somebody finally got me pissed off...(rant)

purapura

Reaction score
I am not getting upset easily, but this comment made me so upset!
I am working in a company that provide its own catering for it’s employs. So today, at lunch time, I just wanted some vegetables, so I got myself some potato, peas and baked beans. and some tuna on the side. As I am about to pay, the cashier tells me "Wow, that is a lot of food". I didn't know what to say. just got me so upset! I fell so huge lately and so not attractive... I cant stop think about it! :cry:

Cheeky bitch! It's none of her business what you eat or how much you eat either! Next time someone says something like that to you tell them to 'f*ck off and mind your own business' xxxx

Who cares what that person thinks? What someone considers to be 'a lot of food' really varies from person to person, and what business is it of theirs how much you get? Honestly, it sounds like you ate very healthfully and should be proud of your choices, rather than questioning that you got too much.:hugs:

And I'm sure you look lovely, too!

:hugs:
Aw hunni xx
Ignore her! People think they have the right to say whatever they want to a pregnant woman, like suddenly she wants everyone's opinions! Grrrrr! Don't be hard on yourself. Sounds like a healthy balanced lunch to me x

what a cow! my response yeah baby needs lots of veg, whenshe was s yours due? even if skinny it would make her think! especially if you go isee every calorie has gone to your hips and bum! they say that for a girl!

lol lol lol i had a similar thing at work when one of my chefs turned to me and said what you are eating is not good for your child go make yourself a salad - i was eating potatoes, chicken, sauce, peppers and onions not exactly a quadruptal big mac with extra cheese and extra large fries is it! idiot

Thanks ladies :)

As she said that, I was immediately questioning myself...

I have lost 3 stones before the pregnancy, and very body's first reaction is "but you lost so much weight, and now you going to gain everything back".. grr...

Some people... :growlmad:

Wow...yeah I would have to agree, tell her to piss off and ask her if she's getting proper nourishment to HER unborn baby :) Then, rub her belly to really be rude :happydance: LOL

id have thrown the food at her! well its rude not to share ........right:rofl::rofl: cheeky bitch....is she a model like????:hugs: dont let the jelous ones get you down xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i would have said 'shut up and ring it up, bitch!'

people like that need locking away til they learn to keep their mouths shut! And well done for your weight loss why people choose to tell u that ur going to put it back on is beyond me, and y people think they can comment on others ood intake. Nosey so n so's.

I'd of been really annoyed/upset too hun! Stupid women! I'd really love to no who told everyone its ok to make horrid comments to pregnant ladies! My sil said to me the other day "god ur going to be huge with this baby u look about 5month gone!" I was so upset cos I've been worrying already about the size of bump but my midwife says I carry a lot of water around my bump that's just me! Anyway next time u see her tell her to piss off!!! X

At buffets or catered food places like that, everyone seems to give the bigger ladies -- pregnant and not pregnant -- dirty looks when they fill their plates...even when it's largely veggies. But it's a buffet and EVERYONE is filling their plates. The skinny people seem to get a free pass. This isn't to bash skinny people. Just that seeing skinny people with 'healthy' appetites is more accepted than bigger people. Big people still need to eat too. Nevermind that if you eat only small portions because you're feeling ill then people seem to say, "you need to eat...you're eating for two". No winning, is there? lol

Can't believe the one chef said "go make yourself a salad". That's just disgusting. Babies need more than just salads too. Proteins, carbs, healthy fats....etc.

That's nothing you should see what I can eat :dohh: next time just say 'clearly you've never been pregnant before, when you are think of me and you'll totally understand and take that comment back!!!' When you have a need to eat and a craving it's your body telling you that you need it so don't worry about what anyone says :hugs: Sounds way more healthy than most things. x

what a cow! my response yeah baby needs lots of veg, whenshe was s yours due? even if skinny it would make her think! especially if you go isee every calorie has gone to your hips and bum! they say that for a girl!

lol lol lol i had a similar thing at work when one of my chefs turned to me and said what you are eating is not good for your child go make yourself a salad - i was eating potatoes, chicken, sauce, peppers and onions not exactly a quadruptal big mac with extra cheese and extra large fries is it! idiot

Holy hell, I would have had a hard time not sticking a fork in his eye :dohh:

She doesn't deserve you getting upset over it. She was probably jealous. I'm sure you look absolutely gorgeous. And the food you picked sounds yummy!

Thank you all... I do look a bit big, but even so, I would never say anything like that to someone else, even if I had bad day. It is just mean.

I too hate the way people think they need to make some comment or reference to the fact we are pregnant. mostly the comments are ridiculous.

Hope your ok x

Hi PuraPura,

I found it very uncomfortable that suddenly people at work decided to comment on how big/not big enough/definitely bigger today than yesterday... etc I am EVERY bloody day. They also notice how much food/not enough lunch/healthy or unhealthy my snacks are. :wacko:
I was getting so upset with every comment but one day I though, just sod it! They will not stop commenting, even if some of it sounds mean, until I leave.
So I just turn nasty comments into jokes, or nosy comments into commenting how interested they are already in my baby even though it has not arrived yet!
My best friend recently said that she knew someone who only put 3 kgs on in pregnancy and asked me how much I already put on! :nope: That hurt as hell (especially that I used to suffer from eating disorder), but I just said to her that I don't intend to starve myself or my baby and if that's her plans not to put any weight on, see how easy she finds it when SHE gets pregnant. But I didn't say it in a nasty way, just joked it off. :haha:

I know that some of it is upsetting, but once you start ignoring them after a few days you honestly won'y bother anymore. And it will put you in a better mood!! :hugs: :hugs:

What a nasty cow! Ignore her hun, your lunch sounds a lot healthier than what I'd have :blush:

Thank you all..:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I really don't understand, as there are so many pregnant women in my work place... I guess I just didn't expect a coment like this... Especially as I thought I was having a health lunch. Also I don't really have a big bump yet, so you can't really tell if I am pregnant of just... Oh well, I wish her all the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->