Somebody stole our double pram :(

little_lady

Mum of two
Reaction score
Just can't believe it! Hubby took it out the car boot to put some rubbish in there for the tip, he came back ten minutes later and it was gone - out of a front garden with a locked gate. People are so vile.

I'm just scouring eBay for double buggies now as I can't do without one. How do people get on with a single pram and a buggy board?? Not sure whether to go for this option instead. Isabelle is 2 and 2 months and I have a 6 month old too.

That's just horrid huni, some ppl have no morals :(
I've not tried the buggy board sorry
They look great tho

Omg that's awful! Such horrible people out there!! Hope you find something. When my elder two were little I found I needed the two seats as my toddler got tired. Depends on how much you use it/how far you walk xx

Oh no!! I'm sorry :(. Would wearing one of your LOs be an option? I haven't got any experience with buggy boards but I've heard good things about them.

Ah thats just awful.
Some people!!!!

I honestly don't know what this world is coming to, thats a disgusting thing to do.
My friend is considering getting a buggy board as her LO is 17 months and she has recently had another baby. She tried the double buggy but she said she found it too difficult and her 17 month old doesn't want to be in the buggy anymore.

Not sure if it would work for you but could you try the buggy board and also carry a wrap just in case your toddler gets tired and wants to sleep then you can wear your 6 month old and allow your toddler to use the buggy?

It is horrible, but happens so often! A Mum in my area recently had her pram stolen too, she put fliers around the neighbourhood about it. Disgusting!

That's awful I never leave my pushchair put for this reason, buggy board wise I have a sit and stand one my daughter loves it for long day's out means she can sit on it rather than having to stand x

That's just disgusting. Can you claim for it off your house insurance ?.

We have a lascal maxi buggy board and it was brill. I wasn't keen on a double pram and getting the board meant DD could walk when she wanted to and stand when she didn't. She hardly uses it now (she's 2.2 yrs) but if we're taking DS to his hospital apt she loves to use it as it's quite a distance away from where we park. The board is handy but only because our DD is more of a walker. If your DD isn't i'd advise to get another double pram :).

Attachments

• 100_1678.jpg
    100_1678.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 34
Some people really have no shame. :nope:

If you do end up buying another double, if recommend you look at the Graco Duo Sport. I got it because it was cheap, under £100, but I really really like it. It's a side-by-side but narrow enough to fit through doors and it steers easily.
I'm so sorry you're having to think about getting a replacement at all though. :(

That's awful :(

For me the buggy board works fine if you are going straight to and from somewhere with no stopping. In waiting rooms, long queues etc its an absolute nightmare as he just gets off and tries to run around then gets miserable because I wont let him then turns into a noodle so I cant get him back on the board at all and I end up trying to carry him home and push the pushchair etc so we mainly use the double and if I had to pick one it would always be the double.

I am really really sorry :(. The buggy board works great for us, we have the obaby 'kiddie ride on' one. It takes some tweaking to get it to fit as closely to the back of the pushchair as possible but we got there in the end. My son really likes the buggy board and while he does try and get off it sometimes when we go into a shop or something, he is usually happy to get back on it when we're going to go. There are only two problems with it, when the buggy board or even just the adapters/holders are attached, the pushchair cannot fold at all, which means it's use is limited in various situations. The other problem is there is a small strap that comes with our buggy board so that if the buggy board isn't needed for some reason you can lift it up and strap it to one of the pushchair handlebars, the thing is though this strap is understandably quite long and there is nowhere to put or clip the strap out of the way while attached to the buggy board. This means you'd have to keep the strap elsewhere and then clip it in when needed which is hassle and the strap is so small I am sure it would be lost easily xx

What vile people would steal a baby's buggie! This is not the first time I've heard of this a friend of mine had her pram stolen from a sure start baby centre! I was gutted for her she saved for months to get the bugaboo cam chained it up with a lock and they cut lock and took it!

Some people have no conscious x

You poor thing. Things are expensive enough without having to buy twice. I read on another post that someone washed all their baby clothes and put them out to dry and some vile creature stole them from the washing line. People can be so evil.

That is disgusting , what sort of person would do that?!!

Look at eBay in your area, local newspaper ads, ads in the supermarket, gumtree/preloved.

The arseholes that often steal these things don't have many brain cells and advertise it to sell and get some cash in the local area. It's very unlikely a mum/dad stole it to use with their kids.

Also phone the police, they usually offer to keep an eye out for these things when they're dumped.

My friend had her brand new quinny buzz (still in box) stolen from outside her front door as the delivery driver was just putting the wardrobe upstairs in her sons nursery. The police found it chucked in someones front garden, luckily undamaged! :growlmad:

You should definitely be able to claim it off house insurance. I phoned up as I have to leave LOs buggy in the changing room when we go swimming and was worried. The lady said the house insurance police covers upto £1000 outwith the household.

When mine were around that age I did the swapping thing. Youngest in a carrier, big one in the pram. Swap round to baby in the pram and big one walking.

I'd call the police and my insurance. Some people are an absolute disgrace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->