Someone else please look at my chart so I stop telling myself I'm pregnant

vitaminkitten

Reaction score
I've been tracking my BBT for about 3 years now, so I have a pretty good grasp of my body and its usual rhythms and patterns. My boyfriend and I use a combination of FAM, condoms, and withdrawal for avoiding pregnancy (though if one happened, we'd both be thrilled, if even a bit stressed since the timing wouldn't be ideal).

Today puts me at 16dpo, which would be the longest LP for me in the 3 years I've charted my cycles, but only by a day. I had a cold in the middle of this LP, with a low-grade fever (about 1 degree above normal for me); I excluded those temperatures from my chart (which explains the gap in the middle). A few days ago, once I was feeling MUCH better, my temperatures returned to their normal post-O numbers, but they've stayed there. They haven't continued to drop, not even a little. Normally I get a gradual decline in temperatures towards my CL until my period shows. For the past few days I've been pretty crampy (my usual crampiness), and today all day I swore my period should appear. It has not.

My cervix is also higher than it should be at this point, and soft, though it's not closed (though more closed than open). That's also throwing me off. I don't really have much CM to speak of (also pretty normal for me at this stage of my cycle).

My boobs hurt to look at, though that isn't necessarily abnormal, though they started off pretty okay at the beginning of my LP, and then as soon as my cold passed -- BAM -- super sore boobs. My throat's also been a bit scratchy since the cold passed, but that's probably just post-nasal drip.

I can't include my chart as an image or link because I'm still too new apparently, and I'm not sure if you can search a specific user on FF to view their chart. I have it saved as an image on my computer and can maybe message it to someone (or post it once I make a few more posts in here -- I need 10, evidently). In any case, it would be great for any other BBT-ers to look at and help me make sense of it. Am I just being overly clucky, is my period probably on its way? I won't test until 18dpo, because history has taught me that makes more sense than wasting the money on a test and then having my period show up that night. Any feedback is appreciated! :)

I'm no pro at these things but I'd say that your illness probably has something to do with it.if it's only a day then I wouldn't panic just yet.The 2ww forum might have better advice?

Oh, I didn't even think to look in another forum. But, of course in all my panic yesterday, it didn't even occur to me that it's more likely I actually ovulated than my chart indicates, because I was late taking my temperature on two of the days. That only puts me at 13dpo today, which is totally okay.

See, every couple months I manage to find something weird about a chart. :p Thanks for your feedback. I might Check on over in the TWW forum too, to have someone else look at my chart.

Did AF show yet? I don't chart, I just look at symptoms and signs. It sounds like maybe, but as spicyorange said, it may just be the illness. I'd eventually like to start charting though. Any advice on how to get started and stick with it?

Not yet, but it's entirely likely I misjudged my O date, which puts my period being due this weekend. Illness wouldn't generally affect your luteal phase (after you ovulate) but it could lengthen your cycle by delaying ovulation.

My advice to you is to get yourself a BBT thermometer from Walgreens and practice taking your temperature at the same time each morning, and acqauint yourself with FertilityFriend.com. Great site. Do you already check your cervix and cervical mucus? If not, no better time than the present to get started, so that way when you start TTC in earnest you'll already know what fertility signs to track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->