Someone please tell me to stop trying...

missranda

Waiting on a Miracle
Reaction score
So my DH and I have been trying to expand our family for many years and I am completely insane.

On a more serious note, I have been very lightly spotting brown for a week. According to FF my period should've started 2 days after the spotting started. Not to give TMI its mostly noticed when I'm wiping. At times I need a liner but it's still light.

As a side note-I have a history of irregular cycles but the older I get the less irregular they are. The last few months have been normal. I do not recall ever having a period that was only brown spotting, definitely not for a week.

Someone please tell me to just stop analyzing every little thing :wacko:

I took a cheap walmart test yesterday first thing and it was BFN. Your thoughts? I'm going to call my doctor some time today and see if they think I should make an appointment.

Do you temp or anything? Or just using the app to note af and stuff? Just wondering if you know for sure when you ovulated as this would be the most likely explanation except for pregnancy. After those ... stress, drastic change in diet and/or exercise regime, drastic change in weight, new medications, trying new herbal supplements etc.

I used to temp but not this month unfortunately. I've kinda stopped tracking everything except for my periods and spotting. It gets annoying after trying for so many years with no luck. I've been stressed more than usual though so maybe that's the reason. Thank you for your input. :)

I'm sorry it's been so long :hugs: I know it's stressful temping, I'd rather put the stupid thermometer away! But it's also helpful, hard to weigh up the pros and cons. If you're more stressed than usual then this could be why. I do think you should speak to your doctor as any unusual bleeding or spotting should be reported

I called them just a min ago. They don't seem to be worried just yet. They told me to take a test and let them know the results Monday. I'll do it when I get home from work. I'm expecting a BFN. If it's negative they want me to wait another week or two before seeing them.

Most of the time there isn't anything to worry about, but here in the UK they always tell you if you experience anything unusual then get it checked out to be on the safe side. Unless of course it's clearly implantation bleeding or early pregnancy bleeding, in which case that's quite common (not IB so much but early pregnancy bleeds are really common). Anyway, I hope you get to the bottom of things

Update: In case anyone was waiting on an answer... I've had some spots of red midday yesterday. I have not taken a test yet.

Update: still spotting going on 3 weeks now. During the second week I did need to use tampons/pads but still much lighter than my normal periods. Now in the 3rd week spotting but dark red. I know I need to make an appointment but they can never give me any answers...

I don't have any answers for you, but I can't imagine how incredibly frustrating this must be for you. I really hope you get your answers. Keep us updated!

Can they do a beta and a scan of your pelvic area? This may give some answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"