Someones Guide On Baby Walkers And The Dangers!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
https://reviews.ebay.co.uk/The-dang...-in-some-countries_W0QQugidZ10000000006142532

After someone mentioning their HV said they were now banned in UK I looked it up and found this that confirms Canada were the latest to ban baby walkers ...I'm not sure I agree as Caitlin never had an accident in hers :confused: so got me wondering if any of your LOs had accidents in theirs?!!

Can't find they are banned here though ...yet?!

maddi has never had an accident in her's either wobbles, tbh i think its like most things, it obviously has to be supervised but i personally don't see the problem with them x

Grace never had an accident in hers either. It was a godsend! She doesn't use it anymore though

Ive never known of a child to have an accident in one either.

I agree with Carly, as long as properly supervised there shouldnt be a problem

P.s I think it would be ridiculous to ban them completely. Everyone is trying to wrap their kids up in cotton wool. "Oh don't use a walker, your baby MIGHT fall out or MAYBE reach something dangerous." Unless you leave battery acid on the edge of your coffee table I don't think that's really a problem! If you have a baby around whether they are in their walker or not, surely you shouldn't have dangerous or hazardous objects in potential reaching distance anyway? People need to stop being stupid.
Sorry, rant over

I dont think they are yet, mothercare still sell them think they just have to have slow wheels. My children never had an accident in theres.

One of the things listed in the reasons for the bannings in Canada was babies falling down the stairs in them :rofl:

Sorry but what the hell? How does that even happen?

Surely as long as you are sensible enough not to stick them in the walker unsupervised in a room full of hot ovens, burning candles, hot drinks, sheer drops (who would leave one at the top of the stairs?!) they're not any more likely to have an accident than they are when they start standing and climbing on things by themselves anyway?! x

P.S. Caitlyn HAS hurt herself but we have a really old one we were given. She twisted sideways and fell through the leg hole :rofl:

:rofl: I did actually laugh out loud when I read the bit about the stairs. Surely leaving your child sat in a movable object at the top of some stairs is just asking for trouble?!

Hmmm it has made me consider getting one!!! I'll c how she does learning to walk on her own first me thinks!!

sorry guys, i had to come back to this as i was thinking about it! maddi seems to me, in more danger when she's crawling around, and trying to climb. i'm forever moving our coffee table and i spend my life worrying about her with it :dohh: in her walker, i've moved things about and she, for me, seems safer, and if obviously watched and not near stairs. i just think people need to be sensible, as withe everything, imo :) x

If they do become "banned" Brookes jumperoo will be made into a walker :lol:

Iv just read the link pmsl at comparing a baby walker to a teenager in a ferrari :rofl:

i no i :rofl: at the ferrari bit!!

:rofl: @ holly too! now i would like to see a pic of the jumperoo if you do :lol:

Erin loves hers (even though she only goes backwards and sidewards) and has never had an accident. xx

I dont know im sure her daddy could knock a frame for one up at work lol ... "pimp my jumperoo" :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->