Something I found kinda funny

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by mommyof2peas, Jun 5, 2011.

1. mommyof2peas

mommyof2peas Well-Known Member

And kinda strange as I would have never thought about it. So we all know about how our hands and feet can swell during pregnancy, And sometimes our face. Well the other night my face was swelling up I guess because I had to take out my lip ring!! Well lip stud. It started to sink into my lip like it did when it was still a bit swollen from getting pierced. Mind you Ive had this lip ring for at least 6 years. So kinda blew me away when I had to take it out lol:haha:

All is good now and Ive been able to put it back in...but thought I would share lol:flower:

2. Emmy1987

Emmy1987 Mummy to a princess!

Lol mines the same!! In the sun today I poofed out so much my lip stud dug into me!! I drank cold drinks so I didn't have to take it out.

3. DarlingMe

DarlingMe Well-Known Member

I always thought face swelling was a sign of pre-eclampsia??

4. Jollybean

Jollybean Well-Known Member

Me too. I don't want to worry you but if the swelling is still obvious it's worth letting ur midwife or doc know x

5. Starglow

Starglow Well-Known Member

I have swelling in face , hands and feet which has been noted for months. It's a sign of preclampsia when it goes along with protein in your wee, headaches and change in blood pressure. You can have all or one of these but let your doctor know next time. Your swelling sounds like it's gone down if you've got your stud back in. I haven't been able to wear my wedding rings which were lose anyway in 3 months. Also swelling/ odema is only an issue if you push the swollen skin in and it doesnt come back out - that's the case you get it checked straight away. It's common in pregnancy for ladies to have swollen feet, hands and face x

6. m0mmyCool

m0mmyCool Me, OH, and our 2 boys.

I had a swollen face at the end of my last pregnancy. Everything was disgustingly swollen! lol. I didn't have pre-eclampsia though.

7. Starglow

Starglow Well-Known Member

Mommy cool......... When did your swelling go down after birth? I need some hope lol

8. mommyof2peas

mommyof2peas Well-Known Member

My swelling isnt crazy swelling. I wouldnt even have noticed it had I not had to take out my stud. And my BP never gets over 112. My BP Is always awesome :) Thank you ladies for the concern , but it really is just common in pregnancy. I still have my wedding bands on so hands and feet arnt doing too bad either :):flower:

9. ronnie1234

ronnie1234 One child aged five

My hands & feet have been swollen since Thursday, my feet are painful to walk on at times & I have to wear backless sandals / flip flops. Managed to get my ring off today, with the aid of fairy liquid & a bag of ice!!