Something interesting mw told me today

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
It'll be too late for us pg women, but there is some good news and some bad news coming up for next year in England apparantly.......

The good news - from January, all pg women will be given the nuchal fold scan at 11-13 weeks! :happydance::happydance:

The bad news - she thinks that means that a 20 week scan won't be offered! :hissy::hissy:

we get offered a nuchal fold and still get the 20 week scan. They do it at the 12 week dating scan, so you still get 2 scans over all. I thought the 20 week one was to check abnormalities?? surely you would still need it?

us in Edinburgh don't get a 20 week scan anyway rofl

we get offered a nuchal fold and still get the 20 week scan. They do it at the 12 week dating scan, so you still get 2 scans over all. I thought the 20 week one was to check abnormalities?? surely you would still need it?

This is what I would think....it's the 20 wks scan where most problems are detected:dohh:, I hope this isn't true:hissy:

We dont get offered a nuchal scan around here anyway,buggers!!

I think id rather have a 20wk tbh and just have the triple test done

Thats shit Blah we got 2 in stirling :shrug:

They do the soft markers at the 20 weeks scan, so id have thought that was the most important one to have.

They do the soft markers at the 20 weeks scan, so id have thought that was the most important one to have.

Yeah thats what i thought too. Surely they wont stop the 20week scan.
Thats where my babies kidney problems were picked up at the 20week scan,
I had two scans before that at 12wks & 13+5wks and it wasnt noticed because baby was to small

Thats shit Blah we got 2 in stirling :shrug:

Yeah I know :( I got one at 14 weeks and thats it. I had to pay for one at 19 to check for sex and abnormalities. Terrible IMO.

So what bout us ppl that are early on, i have my 12week one booked for nov 11th, that would work out my 20week one would be due beginning of jan.

Do i miss out on this then or is it just any new confirmed pregnancies from jan 2009?

Down where I live you get a 12 week & a 20 week!!

Oh hope they dont cut it! Would be such a shame for any future pregnancies

We only get offerd a 20 wk one ere hence why i looking for private clinic

It's sounds like a right postcode lottery, which is outragious really.

I personally know 2 people who had to have terminations after severe defects were picked up at the 20 week scans.:cry: If this wasn't offered, how many poor babies would be born with problems.:cry:

EDIT - I've just realised how awful the above sounds. I didn't mean babies born with problems shouldn't be born, sorry for how I wrote that (but didn't want to delete it in case someone was already reading and replying). Both people I know that had to have terminations, the babies had such severe problems that they wouldn't have lived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->