Something to worry about or just trapped wind? :)

BabyBubbles

Expecting number 2!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

The last few days I've had on and off cramp twingy pains low in abdo. They are definitely worse when I feel the need to do number twos, but they seem to be there when i bend or sit hunched up etc. Last night it woke me up it was so bad, really searing pain, then and this may be a but tmi but i let out a little pop (which smelt so bad i nearly gagged) :blush: and the pain subsided instantly, its still there but not a constant thing. Should i be worried or is it trapped wind? My mum reckons its my IBS and the baby combined but im not too sure...any thoughts? xx

Hiya, i get the exact same thing, really hurts when i have a poop! i think the baby is kicking my bowels quite a bit cos sometimes i get a really sudden need to go poop. Are you a bit constipated?
I think the cramps are just growing pains in general and tell myself that all our insides are sore because of everything growing for the baby, so any movement it going to hurt... Think it's totally normal hun :)

Thankyou xx

We haven't got this far before with a pg and I just don't know what is meant to be normal and what isn't!!

I've never been 'regular' so that might be a bit of the problem!!

I was worried for a day or so when I was about 14 weeks because I had sharp pains in my stomach, but only when I moved around. I popped a couple of Rennies.... and well... let's just say they did their job haha. I was fine after that! I just always keep some Rennies on me now, just incase ; ) xxx

I have had lots of aches and pains throughout the pregnancy so far - I'm 22 weeks tomorrow. I worry lots and lots as its the first time I've got this far and always think its more than it probably is. I've had wind but also lots of round ligament pains and achy hips - although I don't really have much of a bump... my hips just ache. But read a lot and this is normal. When I first had some cramps, I went to the EPU clinic at my hospital, just to get it checked and make me feel better, reassurance is always good - but it was a combination of wind, round ligament pain and IBS (which I've always suffered with but seemed to be a little worse whilst pregnant). Hope that helps a bit - the way you have described it though, really sounds like wind. Let me know how it goes.

I think its just trapped wind! I have a similar problem, last week it was so bad i couldn't walk from bedroom to bathroom! Passed a tiny bit of wind *tmi* and the majority of the pain dissapeared!

I get this problem too! I have had IBS for some time but definitely much worse since becoming pregnant! I get a sharp pain in my left side in my colon when I'm blocked up, sorry TMI, and quite often at night because I'm lying on my side.

Sometimes it hurts so bad I just want to curl up in a ball and disappear...:cry:

Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->