Something you ladies will find interesting...

Madwolf3

Reaction score
I had my first appointment and sonogram on Nov. 30th, and I happened to mention that my last period was early, short, and light. My nurse said that actually, most women report their last period being abnormally short or just wierd! For some reason that is often a sign before getting pregnant! How wierd is that??? I really hope that made sense... Sorry if it didn't! Maybe I should make a poll in the Pregnancy Club to see how many of them had an odd period right before they got pregnant!
Anyway, just thought it was interesting to share!:blush:

Cool, thanks for the info. Thinking on the one of my friends only had a 1 day period and was pg the next cycle...granted, it was the first cycle off BCP, and then didn't have another until DD was born...but it fits!

With aspen it was short and scampy as my last period before I found out.Then I got pregnant.
Was interesting but I defenitly see your point on that..

oh wow how interesting, this has just happened to Skiwi also I think (correct me if wrong skiwi?)

:happydance:I hope your right lol cuz last months period was only like 3 days

oh that is so interesting my af has just lasted 3 days this month
was sure when we done tests got 2 very faint bfps but then af came a day late we tested when i started to bleed and it was bfns :cry:

also a lot of women think when they get ib that is af so they don't realise they are pg. then when af does not come the next month they find out they are pg but they have actually now been pg for two months (hope that made sense) it plays havoc with the due dates!

Well, the nurse who said it was doing my Sonogram. Here, they do a sonogram right away to find out how far along you are for sure. I didn't have implantation bleeding with either of my pregnancies- my cycles were regular. This last period was just three days early and a few days shorter than normal. That's all I mean, not spotting. I'd assume the nurse meant their REAL periods, not IB, since they do the sonograms to check dates. Like I said, sorry if my first post was confusing!

my last period before my last pregnancy was like that, i wasn't early but I only bled for like 1 day or something

My last period was 3 days late and shorter than normal - so heres hoping!!!:headspin:

oh wow how interesting, this has just happened to Skiwi also I think (correct me if wrong skiwi?)

yeah it did, just 1 day very light in color and then it went away like it never happen how weird is that

yes my period before i got pregnant came early and only lasted for a few days !! x

This is something I noticed too, great you mention it.

I was bang on 28 days ..... never before have I been this early ....EVER, also very short, but even though not as heavy, still had one day when very dark re and "lumpy". If you call a period one week then I finished last Friday and still have sore/tender boobs. No sensitivty though.

This happened to me, i came off the pill, and about four weeks later had a very light AF (Uusally when not on the pill would be very heavy) and i didn't think anything of it as i thought was probably because of coming off the pill and the following month got BFP.

This is interesting. But is there any medial reasoning behind it? Basically, what this suggests is that if your period is odd, then this is some sort of signal that your body is particularly fertile the following month? My last period was 2 days earlier than I usually get it. I am usually bang on 28 days. So this was very unusual. And I came off the pill months ago and my periods regulated so it isn't cos of this. And now I feel I'm ovulating, all the signs are thereb but it's only 8-9 days onto my cycle. Interesting ....

That's an excellent question. I'd assume it does suggest so, but I'll have to ask my doctor at my next appointment! Hopefully that means this is a good month for you!!! :hugs:

Revamp this post!!!

I recently had a 3 day period last month when I normally last a week or more... Then I instantly started ovulating at day 5 to10 I had ewcm o pains and all! I'm interested to see if I finally get my bfp after all this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->