Sometimes I hate...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Lara310809, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

I thought this might be a good idea for a thread. Feel free to add your own, and I apologise if there's something similar already.

- - - - -

People that think they're better than you.

I went into town this morning - silly idea, I know, but there were things I had to get that I couldn't manage without. I got cut-up by a load of people who decided to walk right in front of me, forcing me to slow down, and then they stop right in front of you. Others will actually knock you out of the way just so they can get somewhere a split-second faster. When I've been walking a while my hips and back are really hurting; I'm actually limping up a flight of stairs, holding the handrail to pull myself up, and a woman descends, using the same handrail and refusing to move. I stopped, looked at her, and in the end I realised she wasn't going to budge. I just groaned, moved aside and muttered at her "don't worry, I'm pregnant and hardly able to walk, but you go right ahead". She looked at me like I was scum!

Grr. I hate some people :gun:

2. mrsraggle

mrsraggle Wifey & Mummy

I have to say I'd agree with that one! I feel like knitting myself a "I'm pregnant" hat, so people know and stop pushing me out of the way. Especially the elderly people in M&S.

Sometimes I hate my next door neighbour. She's so bleeding nosey! Everytime I pull onto my drive she's up the window looking at my bags, it's so RUDE! When people come to visit she actually puts her coat on and pops outside to just nose at them coming in. I can't bear her anymore, and I know she wants to ask if we're expecting (I'm not showing a very pregnant bump, just a fatter 'B' belly).

3. agreeksmom

agreeksmom preggo

sometimes i hate the fact i cant eat what i love i miss sandwhich meat, chocolate (baby doesnt like chocolate)

4. Lara310809

Baby doesn't like chocolate? :shock: Mine seems to only ever want chocolate! But if it helps, they say what you eat when you're pregnant will be a likeable food for the baby after birth. It means if you eat lots of fruit and veg, hopefully the baby will be happy when you give it that stuff, because it will have been used to it in the womb. I dunno if it's true, but it's worth a shot, right? :winkwink:

5. mrsraggle

mrsraggle Wifey & Mummy

That's what I've read too. From about 21/22 weeks the amniotic fluid is flavoured with what you've eaten, so eat a banana and the amniotic fluid tastes bananary. The baby swallows the fluid all day so it gets to taste the foods and supposedly get a taste for them. So start eating brocolli and cabbage!

Our baby doesn't like sweet things either generally, if I have a rich chocolate pudding or say a mince pie, it always ends up in the toilet a few hours later.

6. littlemissy

littlemissy Well-Known Member

Non pregnancy related but I hate people who kick snowmen built on my front lawn! On Christmas Day!! How mean!

7. bky

bky :(

I wish extreme ill on people who don't bathe properly/wash their clothing frequently enough. My nose is still really sensitive :(

8. lauralora

lauralora Well-Known Member

this COMPLETLEY describes what i hate lol, me and my bf went into town yesterday and people did this all the time! its so ignorant, and actually lol the people pushing prams are one of the worst for it! they park there huge prams in the middle of a packed shop and expect you to walk around it!! ive promised myself i will never become one of those mums lol xx

9. EternalRose

EternalRose Well-Known Member

OMG, this is priceless..so wish I was there to see her face but I know how you feel. I am thinking I should wear a sign saying I am pregnant, the amount of times people bang into my bump without apologising and just walking off is unbelieveable :growlmad:

10. kristen77

kristen77 Well-Known Member

sometimes i hate...being around really drunk people when i am stone cold sober!! sometimes i don't mind but we had people round from 3pm and everyone is hammered now....i am hiding to avoid my bump being groped by another drunk person!!! argh!!!

xx

11. KamKol

KamKol Mother of one

About the women in shops who don't move out the way or bang into your bump. I experienced both yesterday at the shops. People can be so inconsiderate even when you clearly look pregnant!! I almost got knocked to the ground by one lady...she elbowed me really hard! She just looked at me and walked away....the cheek!

On the plus side, another woman held the door open for me today when she spotted I was pregnant! :thumbup:

12. maytobe

maytobe Well-Known Member

It is awful how some people can be so rude and uncultured. There are some who are very helpful and understanding but the grocery shopping crowd mostly gets to me, pushing, jumping queues and knocking into me. I almost lost it last week in the grocery store when this woman kept knocking me with her trolley, and I do have a significant bump now. Really ticks me off. The best you can do is say to yourself that you have much more class than that person, and just walk away.

13. Shady_R

Shady_R Mum of 3 boys and 1 girl

Ha ha lol I hate shopping when its busy, I had my younger brother with me while shopping once and a lady was trying to get to the milk where I was stood looking at something, so my brother said I needed to move and I said why, he said cause the lady was trying tog et the milk, I said to him she has a mouth with a tongue so she can use it to say scuse me, Im so fed up with the way people just push past and expect you to know they are there when you cant even see them.....The other one I hate is when they push my kids out the way or run them over with a trolley and then laugh, arrrggghhhh shopping is a nightmare lol, but I dont let them do it anymore I speak my mind and make sure people around me hear me too, you wanna see their faces after I have said my piece he he, tell you what thouhg if I see them again in the shop htey soon move out of my way and say scuse me if they need to get past without shoving the kids out the way.......

14. Lara310809

I totally TOTALLY agree about the women with buggies. They do my head in, because they should remember how it feels to be mowed down. It annoys me because I would push around my little brother in his buggy when I was 11, and I had more consideration than many mothers out there. I'm going to be so well-behaved when I need to manouvre a buggy. Pity some other women aren't :rolleyes:

15. Lollypod

Lollypod Well-Known Member

I'm going to sound so mean, but I hate it when my OH eats loudly! :munch: It's really getting on my nerves, cereal and toast are the worst offenders! Must be my hormones today :haha:

16. emsiee

emsiee Mum of 2

I hate people who think they have thier own reserved parking space on the street!!! Bugs the hell out of me.

17. Missy86

Missy86 Family complete

I hate the fact that I still cant get motivated, I could sleep for days a swear

And people bumping in to you, this really fat lady walked backwards into my bump the other day and I was really p*ssed off, on the plus side she did have loads of padding so it could have been worse