Son got a 'Red card' at nursery - eek!

ClaireLouise

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just a little question to put my mind at ease.

Marley is a lovely well mannored boy, says his P's & Q's and isnt unruly or a handful. He has his naughty days of course and his ways of releasing anger is to stamp his feet, always say no, and sulk.

Now he has been in his school nursery for almost 2 weeks now and is finding it ok. He doesn't jump for joy at going to school but he doesn't seem to dislike it and has settled in fine.

Now the first week he smacked some boy for getting in his way, now today he pulled some girls hair. Not sure why. His teachers say he's a lovely boy but is quite stubborn (he is!) and just made it clear that he mustn't hit other children. She was lovely about it.

Now, is this normal behaviour? How do I tell him hitting is bad without it turning into a huge sulken paddy? When he hangs about with his cousins (7 and 5) they all play and fight. I imagine he's learned it through sticking up for himself for being the youngest.

I felt really embarrassed when she told me and I don't want other parents thinking iv raised a mini brute in the making!

Sorry for the essay ladies xxx

Think it's a phase my son did the same the first few weeks back at ore- school the staff were fine about it and said it's quite common for 'bigger boys' (mine start school in sep next year so the oldest in pre school) to stamp authority - they just dealt with it and it's now stopped. I just used to talk to him and tell him it wasn't nice etc etc but I feel your pain!!

_Vicky_ that sounds bang on!

He is also one of the oldest in his class and does stick up for himself with his cousins. Yes, I'm hoping it is just a phase too, which I'm sure the teachers have all seen before.

God, these school teachers deserve a medal, there's no way I could look after a class full of 4 year olds when they're having a paddy haha xxx

^^ my two team up now which is soo embarrassing like a little gang!!! 'Dont push my brother' etc

When I go to get them I cringe at the words - oh can we have a chat!!! Argh!! I just keep thinking god what will they be like at 14!!!

Can we have a chat hahaha yes! Makes you feel like you're in detention haha xx

Thanks hun xxx

My eldest is 10yrs and I still got the 'can we have a chat' at start of year :argh: Just testing the new boundaries and limitations!!! Im sure this is what your LO is doing too! Getting familiar and making sure kids dont push him around. He'll settle in no time I am sure and it'll all be forgotten, just remind him periodically that we dont push/hit others etc

My 2yr old is a thug I was dreading him going to nursery last month but apparently he is sweet as pie... he bloody isnt for me :haha: :grr:

Ben was just the same when he started nursery!! He too is one of the eldest. He bit someone in the second week, I hate the 'can we have a chat'. After that I had a brief chat with him about how it wasn't nice and now en route to nursery I remind him what isn't nice.

Hahaha I got the 'can we have a chat' this afternoon - thankfully it was to remind me that the school open day is next week - phew I break out in a nervous sweat every time!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->