sonographer possibly wrongly sexing baby at 20 weeks?

kaley6989

Reaction score
i had my 20 week scan yesterday, and was pretty disapointed to be honest....
she didnt seem very interested and wanted it over with quite quickly.
when i asked the sex, she just said ermm...im 90% sure its girl, although my partner was sure he saw something indicating a boy when she was measuring her??
how often do they get these things wrong? to be honest ive been convinced i was carrying a boy, although happy for a girl too :) im just confused!

I was watching the screen during my scan and swore I saw boy parts - but to be honest after seeing the actual potty shot I'm 100% sure it wasn't the potty shot I had seen but some other part. He may have seen something else and just assumed.

maybe your OH saw umbilical cord hun, my OH thought he saw boy parts but it was umbilical cord lol

I was told that if you get told boy, it will be a boy but it is harder with a female. It if they get the angle just right then they can be 100% sure like the two women who have done my gender scans and said girl. My OH and myself were positive we saw boy bits on our scans but to be honest, they could have been anywhere on the baby coz we weren't too sure. Once we saw those 3 lines though as clear as day we knew it was defo a little girl.
If your still unsure then book a private scan to find out x xx

A couple I know got told girl at 20 weeks and it was most definitely a boy at 40 weeks! They can never be totally sure in all cases.

My mate was told 100% boy at 20 weeks. Turned out to be a girl when she was born, and they had bought everything blue, so it's never 100%!!!

i had my 20 week scan yesterday, and was pretty disapointed to be honest....
she didnt seem very interested and wanted it over with quite quickly.
when i asked the sex, she just said ermm...im 90% sure its girl, although my partner was sure he saw something indicating a boy when she was measuring her??
how often do they get these things wrong? to be honest ive been convinced i was carrying a boy, although happy for a girl too :) im just confused!

It completely annoys me when ppl act like they can't be bothered or they need to be somewhere else when they should be doing their darn job!! after all they are there to serve our needs as the patient yet they sometimes act like they are doing us a favor. I have my scan next Monday and I hope the u/s tech doesn't try to pull this kind of thing on me because I'm not about to have it and she will hear me out lol I've waited too long to be rushed!! Will you be having another scan? update us if you get a 100% answer regarding the sex:flower:

It completely annoys me when ppl act like they can't be bothered or they need to be somewhere else when they should be doing their darn job!! after all they are there to serve our needs as the patient yet they sometimes act like they are doing us a favor. I have my scan next Monday and I hope the u/s tech doesn't try to pull this kind of thing on me because I'm not about to have it and she will hear me out lol I've waited too long to be rushed!! Will you be having another scan? update us if you get a 100% answer regarding the sex:flower:[/QUOTE]

thanks hun. i felt completely deflated when i walked out of there, at my 12 week scan, the woman was lovely and was exited with us, 20week scan a different woman completley couldnt be bothered. we had an early scan, so she cant of been bored of babies so early! ive just now booked a gender scan with babybond for thursday, good luck with your scan and thanks for reply xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->