Sonoline B Doppler

staycb01

Reaction score
I have been seriously thinking about getting the Sonoline B doppler soon, to help ease my fears. I've never had one before.... are there certain things I should know? Like is it safe to use once a day? Or is there a time limit on how long daily I should use it?

The only thing that scares me is if I am unable to find the heartbeat and it sends me even more in a panic LOL

Ihave one from last time, I am going to crack it out again for this baby, it takes a bit of finding at first, and you can't always find it, I am determined to wait till 9 weeks, not sure how long that will last though once my gel arrives lol

I ordered one this pregnancy b/c I had a MMC at 11+5 last time. I LOVE it!! I hear the heartbeat at 8+2 and have found it nearly everyday since. I don't think theres any written rules about how often to use it, etc. I try not to use it everyday but its worth the piece of mind it gives me. I also only use it for 5 minutes or so (or until I find it). best purchase for the paranoid mama like me! :)

Jo - I know, I figure if I order this week by the time it arrives I'll be over 9 weeks. I've been holding out too!

Apharm - I'm sorry for your loss! Did you ever find out why it happened? I'm paranoid too! I'm hoping this will be a great fear-reliever for me LOL

no we don't know the cause. they say most likely genetic. they didn't do testing since it was my first. but my dr did do some testing afterwards and found that I have MTHFR so I take Aspirin and lots of additional folic acid for that. I hate that ill never know the reason. but hoping everything works out well for this one! :)

Awww.... well I'm sure it was a chromosome thing. I had a 9 week MMC and my Dr. said usually it is a chromosome issue, but we did gets ours tested. Fingers crossed for both of us that this is our rainbow :) I also have MTHFR among other things....
If all goes well at my scan tomorrow, I'll probably order the Doppler!

My Dh just asked our OB how often was ok to use the Doppler because he was worried. She said its perfectly safe to use whenever you want. I check 2-3 times a day. Now I'm feeling baby flutter around sometimes so I check less often...

I bought one and at 14 weeks I still cant find anything. Its frustrating that everyone else can find and hear baby and I cant. But im not freaking out of worrying bc at 12 weeks at the OBGYN they used a doppler and couldnt find baby either. Then they attempted a abdominal ultrasound and still couldnt hear the heartbeat but could see the baby just way back. Doc ultimately did a vaginal in order to hear the heartbeat. So I figure if she couldnt find it then I would be able to either.

Well...after reading this thread I decided to try again, and after about 10 minutes we finally found her! So now I can it was totally worth buying!!

With my 2.5 year old I didn't find his hb until 14 weeks exactly but I had an anterior placenta with him.
With this one I found it at 8+5 (cos that was the day I bought it!) so maybe this ones placenta is posterior :shrug:

I use mine once a day and only listen for about 1 minute once I've located the hb :thumbup:

I love my Sonoline B, I use it every day!
I started trying at about 8w, but was unable to find a heartbeat until 10w4d.

I tried every couple of days from 8 weeks this time, and heard hb at 9w1d :)
I found my daughters at 9w3d according to my bnb posts, and once at 7w6d for literally a second before she hid again x

I love it, the reassurance is fantastic, especially this time, as bled for 2 weeks and had 2 emergency scans, at least now I can find hb if worried :) although the bleeding has stopped now, just getting a bit of brown discharge/spotting xx

I have one and I LOVE mine..defo was a peace of mind when bleeding and is just so comforting to hear daily :) have my 1st scan tomorrow and can't wait to put a baby to the heart beat as last scan was just a blob with a flicker..xx

Can I ask hun, do you find both your babies heart beats yet?? My friend is pregnant with twins and can't tell if one is another xx

I had mine from about 9 wks but gave up as couldn't hear hb. It's been in the drawer ever since!! I wasn't very patient but was a bit nervous about using it for too long at a time as I thought bubs would find it really noisy??
I might try again soon, waste of money otherwise!
Xx

I found mine at 10 wk 5 days but haven't found it since (looked twice). I'm not worried - I'm quite big and baby is very small so s/he's probably out of range.

Can I ask hun, do you find both your babies heart beats yet?? My friend is pregnant with twins and can't tell if one is another xx

Yes! I was confident that I was listening to two different heartbeats around 12w. They were about 3 inches apart and the babies were smaller than that, at that point. Now one heartbeat is low above my left hip and the other one is an inch to the right of my belly button so there is no mistaking them.

My twins are in two sacs so they are further apart than identicals would be.

Update.... Just dug out the Doppler and found bub's hb after a couple of mins.:happydance: Much lower than I thought, almost on my c section line. I kept picking up the whooshing of the placenta but then the hb is a very different sound, measured at 150bpm. Xx

I've been checking on and off over a week with no luck. I tried again tonight and heard my little bub. Kinda teared up b/ c I wanted the reassurance since I don't get another scan until 20 weeks. Found it higher than it expected for 9 weeks, right above my pubic bone.:cloud9:

I just ordered my Doppler this morning. Do I need a lot of gel when using it? Do I need to press real hard when searching for the heartbeat?
I think that's the only thing that will give me peace of mind in between scans. I had a great scan on Monday and now am back to my worry self LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"