Soo annoyed!!!

Jemma_x

Mummy and Engaged
Reaction score
Omg im soo annoyed :hissy: have just been talking to my friend who is 12 weeks pregnant and she has been asking me how my ultrasounds have gone and then she's been going off saying that its not fair that im having scans every 3-4 weeks. As most of you know i gave birth to my daughter at 21+3 and we lost her and thats why there keeping such a close eye on me, and im just so pissed off that she's going off like this at me. Im having a hard time as it is as ive been worrying so much and these scans are giving me a bit of reasurrance and i know she's pissed of because she hasnt had a scan yet but thats not my fault and i didnt ask to have scans so often. I am really grateful for them but she has really pissed me off because i went through hell when i lost my darling lauren and now because the hospital are keeping such a close eye on me she's just saying aload of shit, just because she hasnt had a scan:hissy:

Anyone else's friends been like this??

Sorry for going on and on.

It's really not fair that she's taking it out on you. I can understand why she feels upset that she doesn't get the same treatment, but shereally is failing to remember the reason your getting frequent scans.

Have you explained why your getting the scans and how horrible and difficult it was when you lost Lauren? Also, if she's desperate for a scan, suggest she goes private? There's a lot of places that do private scans quite cheap.

Try not to let her get to you hun, I'm sure everyone who's pregnant would love to have regular scans, but no-one would like to go through what you went through and that's what your friend seems to not be realising.

If she can't be understanding and happy for you, is she worth keeping as a close friend?

Take care hun xx

It is insensitive of her. I wish I could have an ultrasound (scan) earlier than 16 weeks, but I am not about to take it out on someone who has, especially under your circumstances.

Awww sorry to hear your friend is being that way...trust me when I say this...you will soon find out who your real friends are through your pregnancy!
If she is your friend I would think she would know the situations you've been in before so if you ask me she is being very selfish!!
I've had a friend act the same way towards me since finding out I'm pregnant and I pretty much said forget it...can't surround yourself around people like that otherwise it will just stress you out!

That's really not very supportive. Nobody would wish your experience on anyone, and that's the only reason you're getting regular scans. She should just be happy that her pregnancy seems to be progressing well.

that sucks...we had scans evey week for 5 months of pg cause ds has lung issues and my friends were like awee so cute you get all the womby pics....i would rather have a healthy baby thatn extra pics thanks......but they are reassuring when you know something could go wrong....if she knew what you felt when you lost your lo she wouldnt be jealous...just ignore it and enjoy the reasuring feeling everytime you get to see your lo all snug as a bug in mummys tummy:)

How dare she ...Though remember she will be hormonal too and not be as sensative as she shud be though being preggers shud make her understand more u wud think !

i wouldnt call her a friend chick! xx

wow thats really insensitive of her given she knows what you went through only just few months back now

i wouldnt call her a friend chick! xx

Yer i 2nd that...maybe shes hormonal or something but she has a really nasty attitude at the mo,

If i was you id stay away from her for a while and give her some space to think about things xxxxx

aww bless u hun, u deserve reassurance after everything u have been through, shes being really silly. Ignorance is bliss I guess and she obviously doesnt have a glimmer of the pain u guys have been through and how worried u must be this time. Im glad ur getting lots of reassurance - u need and dererve that!!!
Good luck chic and just turn off if shes going on one, she just cant understand but being a good friend, she should!
Its not the same but i had two miscarriages before this baby and my best mate has said some weird stuff to me this time but I just think its cuz she cant relate to how i feel?

If she says anything again I would turn on her and remind her the reasons you're having so many scans. If she still doesn't get it then I would reconsider the friendship. You don't need that kind of hassle. I'm sure it must be frustrating having not seen her baby yet but that's no reason to take it out on you. If anyone questioned why I'm having so many scans I would bop them one.

thank you for all your messages they have been a great help

I think a lot of people forget that a scan is not for our entertainment but to check if the baby is doing OK and healthy.

Dont get me wrong its a wonderfull experience to see your baby but she's just being selfish as far as i can see!

Would she rather keep going back 'cos there was problems or live with having a healthy pregnancy!!!

Ignore her hun, these extra scans are for your peace of mind that baba is OK and so what if you see your baby more than others - Just enjoy that time and tell her to P**s off :)

Jemma ((( ))), she is clearly deluded. You would much rather your precious Lauren was here and you having just the normal 12 week and 20 week scans, but Lauren grew her wings and that means you are not a 'normal' pregnant woman. Of course all pregnant women deserve reinsurance but pregnancy after loss is so very stressful, and you are also counted as high risk so the hospital is right to give you these extra scans.

I had a friend who said something about me getting to see the consultant twice a week from 20 weeks with Honey's little sister Kaysie Blossom, but it was needed.

Any way take care hun xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->