Soo Scaredd! (bit long sorry)

babynewbie

Reaction score
Im 18, 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant, and im so scared about telling my parents!

Ive never really been close to my mum, we dont really get on, either arguing or just not talking, same with my stepdad.

No matter what i do, theres always critisim, despite the fact i had excellent GCSEs, went to college and have been working pretty much since the day i left school. They dont think im good enough at anything.

Now im pregnant, me and my boyfriend are really happy and are definetly going to have it, but were scared about telling them.

Id be quite happy to wait a few years then introduce them to their grandchild but i cant lol

Anyone have a similar situation? Or any tips on how to go about it?
Any help will be really appreciated!!

Hunnie when i found out i was preg at 19 i was scared to death to tell my parents!!! But i gave in and blurted it out one day and ill tell you what at first the were asking me well what are you going to do? after a couple of days they were very excited!! I know that its going to be hard but your going to have to do it at one point or another. Good luck hunnie and if you ever need to talk pm me!!!

I was 18 when I got pregnant (19 now) and I was really scared too, didn't have a close relationship with either parents BUT they thought so highly of me so it was hard, I knew I was breaking their hearts :(.. just old my mother one day and then she told my dad the next. Went well, didn't get yelled at or anything but my dad said some terrible things to me throughout my pregnancy.. (he and I have never been close, rarely speak.. TBH I really don't like him!).. but everything is fine now that I had my baby.. both my parents are completely smitten and spoil her rotten!

Hiya babynewbie, I'm 17 and 25 weeks pregnant. I was terrified of telling my parents too! Me and my boyfriend were over the moon, and like you had made up our minds that we would keep her. Like you, me and my mum didn't have a particularly strong relationship, we argued alot. It was always that way, and like you I never felt i did anything right, despite i was in a job and had good gcses, but I didn't go to college. I dropped out of school right after I turned 17, and started renting a place with my boyfriend.

Anyway, I was terrified of telling my parents. I knew they'd be angry and dissappointed. I ended up deciding the best way was to tell them as soon as possible - keeping it from them and spending my time worrying about telling them would just make it harder. I ended up telling my mum the day after I found out, and I did get a bad reaction, she wanted me to have an abortion and was angry. I ended up leaving her to let it 'soak in' as it were. Later that day she came round and appologised. She told my dad and we didn't speak for a while. But I definately think telling them sooner rather than later is the best way, it gives them time for the idea to soak in and calm down. Now my parents are really excited, I think it still weirds them out, but at the end of the day they realised it was my choice and would rather be involved than not. It's how the majority of parents will feel.

Good luck on telling them hun, if you ever wanna chat feel free to PM me.

xoxox

My parents sound similar to yours, never happy with anything I did and we really had a terrible relationship.

Reading your post, it seems like I wrote it many months ago :lol:

In the end I entered a state of mind that nothing they say, the way they react is gonna devastate me.... It's their loss and they will regret it one day.

One day I drove to their house and simply blurted it out...I'm not gonna lie, their reaction was awful and it did leave me upset. But I just focused on myself and my baby, knowing that they are the ones in the wrong here.

We didn't speak for 9 months of my pregnancy and I ended up not telling them immidiately after my daughter was born. About 3 weeks later we spoke on the phone and they visited... While our relationship is still starined atleast they are here for their grandaughter and love her...Nothing softens a person up like a little baby...especially their grandbaby.

:hugs:

hiya darling :hi: i was 17 when i fell pregnant. I was scared to tell my parents aswell; but i still thought i didnt want too. Then one of my friends told my sisters friend which got back to my sister :rofl: Confusing huh. Then my sister told my mam; which she then confronted me which i denied at first then said yes im pregnant. :blush: She was happy but the scary part was my dad?? :hissy: He wasn't pleased what so ever. But now hes oright with it and said he'd rather me living at home then having my own place. I think the best thing you should do though is tell your mam, i no you said you dont get along with her but she should help you through this and also stand by what you decide to do, as its your decision not hers and she can't force you to do anything you dont want to. Which i think is also good news; your still with the dad :flower: Thats also a good start to things; as im not with my babys dad now. Just friends :thumbup: Dont let anyone tell you what to do as this is your decision; i hope you can confront your parents soon, as you will need all the help you can. How about telling his parents first??? And let them tell yours.. Sometimes that can work. Well i give you all the best of luck babe :hugs: xxx

Telling the parents is the worst bit but if anything it made me and my mum alot closer!! just choose ur time, take a deep breath and do it!! Good luck hun :hugs: and congrats on the :bfp:

heya i am 18, in my last year of college and just found out that im pregnant. likd you i dng have a clue as to how i tell my parents, i live with my mum and step-dad so ots just really my mum who i am concerned bout tellin. i hav a feeling that the first thing that she will tell me is that i cannot live under the same roof as her. its hard, but the sooner the better. at first i thought that i would wait till 12 weeks, so that if something was to happen then i would deal with it in my own way, but that will be to long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->