Sooo.... How can I get my period to start?

SmallBear

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hmmm... Where to begin...

I'm really new here. To paraphrase the situation:

33 years old, first cycle trying and charting. A series of stark white negative tests (including one with FMU this morning) after two very faint positives on the dreaded blue +/- tests. Generally a 27-29 day cycle.

I got a positive OPK mid-cycle and should have ovulated on the 15th. Everything seems to fit that pattern, and I have had terrible cramps and angry softball boobies for more than a week now.

But no AF. And no positive test, really.

I had some PCOS-esque issues as a teenager, but I was on BC until I was 27, and when I came off it (and had lost some weight) things became regular.

Anyway, Vitex/Chaste tree has always helped me A LOT, but in the past it's also helped me fast. If I'm past due, I get it quickly in response to the Vitex.

Not this time.

I know there's a chance I'm the one-in-a-million that has a pg that doesn't show on the urine tests... but it seems very unlikely.

So now I'm just chillin' here, crampy, irritable and wearing extra boob support, hoping someone can help me out.

We also, um, "danced" last night, and I had high hopes that would bring on AF, but no luck.

I'm out of ideas, but I really really don't want to miss out on a chance at the process in February.

(Sorry if this sounds grumpy. I *am* grumpy. :( But I really appreciate this forum, and I am glad I'm not a lurker anymore.)

Hi, ddidnt want to read and run, i wish i knew the answer as it took me 2 months to have this period today ive tried everything had all pregnancy symptoms and had a faint positive pink dye test- are you with a fertility clinic?
X

I'm not aware of the scenario where one ovulated, but AF doesn't show on time and not pregnant. You're positive you know you O'ed? OPK might be wrong. They indicate a LH surge that's supposed to trigger O, but sometimes it just doesn't happen.

Hmmm... my temps went up directly thereafter.

I'm thinking maybe I was almost pregnant LOL, and it didn't stick.

If I didn't ovulate, that makes the cramps and sore boobs right around AF time weirder.

Scerena,

Not yet. We wanted to try on our own for at least a couple of cycles before getting any heavy duty help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"