Sooo pissed off with midwife!!

fee & bump

Reaction score
I had a midwife appointment this morn and had a different lady from usual. She said to me oh your Rhesus negative and I thought...no I'm not because I would have been told and I guessed it was all straightforward as my midwife had never said anything before. So she checked my notes and the comp and I AM!!

So now I have to go to the hospital for an appointment and the Anti-D injection which is 4 weeks too late and I am considered high risk so I might not get the water birth that I soo want.

I'm just pleased that I had a different lady this morn otherwise I wouldn't have known and could have put the baby at risk.

Just letting off some steam as extremly peed off at the mo....and breath!! lol

omg that is soooooooo bad!! im sorry that they made this stupid mistake! glad u got a different lady

Thats really bad!! I would definitly put in a complaint! xxx

aaargh some midwives are really annoying! i know you must be fuming but at least think, thank god this lady noticed it and you will be getting. i would put in a complaint as well though. good luck xxx

Is it something that changed recently? as i know they do two blood tests to check, one earlier on and then i had another at my 28 wk check. The mw said its unlikely to change but i guess it must do for some people otherwise they wouldn't do two lots of bloods. They should of noted the results from your earlier test in your pregnancy notes as well though so you can check. Thats really bad if you've been neg all the way through and they only just told you!

And they didnt know this after your 16 week bloods? Thats awful! I would be hopping! xxx

:grr: They should of known that from your booking bloods ...thank god they now know xxx

I'd complain hunny, thats really bad. And very unproffessional xx

That is an utter disgrace!! I would be putting a very strongly worded complaint in! xx

is this your first baby???? if so i didnt have any anti d jabs with my first, it is with second etc etc babies that u are more at risk of producing antibodies. i'm sure u will be fine hun, but still an utter disgrace that they didnt tell u, cos if u have any bleeding through ur preg u have to have an anti d jab, i would lodge a complaint x

Thanks everyone. Just got back from the hospital and had the injection.

They said that she wouldn have known from when I first had bloods taken at 15 weeks or so but couldn't understand why I was never told.

Oh well at least I know now but I am just really upset with my midwife as she should have told me and let me know more about it.

Oh thats terrible. I would complain hun, what if you had had to go to a different hospital you would not of known to tell them.

Thats awful hun, Im so glad they realised and you have now had the jab, take care :hugs: XX

Thats really bad hun! Atleast the other midwife knew what she was doing!! Glad your getting the right care now though! xxx

OMG how rude!!! I tell ya what the hell do we pay the rediculous amount of tax for????? grrrrrr stupid midwife!! cant belive it took thet long to tell you!
Hope you still can have your water birth hun!!! lots of :hugs:
xxxxxx

I would seriously put in a complaint! I had to tell my MW I was rhesus negative as they didn't know. I found out after a telephone call from the receptionist at my GP surgery. Unfortunately for me, the MW tied to my practice are actually hosp based so my results go to my GP surgery and eventually make there way to the MW.

Maybe something similar happened with your original blood results?

Cx

Mistakes happen, but THIS kind is HORRIBLE!!!! Good thing you had this other lady!

Put in a formal complaint hun.

xx

Wow wtf?????? Hoiw horrible. What is she doing being a midwife. Sorry girly but I am so glad you had someone new today. *muah*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->