Sooooooo frustrated!!!!

Karkey

Mum# 4 (3 boys 1 girl)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Really need to vent, shout, cry or scream or maybe find someone who will give me a definitive answer or check at least. Grrrrrrr.
I'm so annoyed with everyone that i want to snap. I'm 8 weeks pregnant today. This for me is #5. I have 4 beautiful children and I sailed through my pregnancies with them. This one however is a Lot different.
I started bleeding 8 days ago. Not lots but warrants the need to wear a panty liner constantly. There's no clots but difinite blood pinky/red in colour. I called my maternity hospital on Saturday (5 days spotting) and they didn't seem interested at all. Just said quite bluntly that I was to go see my gp as to be seen in the early pregnancy unit I had to be referred by my gp. I felt annoyed as my go isn't a gynacologyst and there would be nothing she could do. I went to my gp yesterday, explained my symptoms. She checked my blood pressure, urine and felt my tummy.
At the end of it all she just said "well you have a positive pregnancy test"
I said "yeah I kinda guessed that after I got 4 of them".
Then she said well there's nothing I can tell you apart from I'll fax a referral letter to the EPU for an early scan. So I said yeah so will I just head in or what do I do. She said no you have to wait for them to send an appointment so you should hear something in the next week or two!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sitting here feeling all sorts of emotions......anger, frustration, sad, despair, confused but most of all I feel like I've been just pushed aside, like my little bean doesn't matter to anyone but me and just left alone to wait for the inevitable.

Sorry for the huge vent but I need to get this off my chest.

Try contacting the epu directly once she sends the referral.i never had to wait long to be seen, but i'm sure it varies. They ought to be able to give you a definite answer by 8 weeks, good luck!

The EPU is only open Monday to Friday from 9am til 1pm. I've never heard such total drival in my whole life. I might ring in morning to see if they got the referral letter. I can't stay like this. Not knowing is killing me.

i had to call the obgyn about5 or 6 times and physically go in to my doctor to have them fax the results of my pregnancy test to the obgyn. the obgyn didn't even put my test in the right filing spot since it was just a urine test and they were expecting a blood test, i was told they'd call me but after waiting the whole weekend with no call i called them myself and they told me they didn't even have my test, i then told them i physically watched them fax it and they miraculously "found" my test. they wanted me to go in the next day for a blood test to determine hcg levels and when i asked them how much it would cost since my insurance doesn't start till the new year, they told me it'd probably be cheaper to have it done at my doctor and wait to make my new appointment for the new year, which they wouldn't make for me yet since the office is "busy". I m not experiencing bleeding, but i did want to see a doctor asap just to make sure everythings going well so far. I think the doctors are a little more relaxed about everything than we are, they know its really early and some spotting is normal and they know that the chances of everything going right is much higher than the chances of everything going wrong. Also the doctors aren't emotionally invested like we are so they're not nervous for the worst and keep calm.

That's awful - I really feel for you.

When I had bleeding I was seen the following day after the referral was sent to EPU and even then I was going out of my mind.

That does sound horrible.

Sorry, I'm in the US, so I can't be of much help. Here i would suggest someone go to a hospital and say they were pregnant and had started bleeding, they usually do an ultrasound if you say that. But I imagine that's not an option for you.

I just wanted to acknowledge that that is definitely ridiculous!

I hope you get answers soon.

Hi, sorry to read this, it must be an awful worry for you :( Have you tried just turning up at EPU? my friend did that and was scanned within 2 hours,. Good luck xx

Can u call and tell them you're having pain? I'm in Canada so I'm not sure how the UK works, but I had bleeding and pain at 6 weeks and walked into the ER and had blood work and a scan right away.

Hi I know this is so frustrating I started bleeding at 8+5 it was awful I made my way to a&e and they booked me at the epu 2 days later when I had a scan and it showed I had a bleed outside the sac but baby was happy wriggling with a good heartbeat, I've been spotting on and off since and my next scan is 29th December

Sorry to hear the appalling level of service. I would fib, go to hospital and tell them of abdominal pain. They'll have no choice but to see you. They have to do ultrasound to verify risk of ectopic pregnancy. I bled at 7 weeks, no pain, but in the ER ( no EPU's in Canada) I was seen immediately. Blood work, scan & sent home within 1.5 hs.

I hope you won't have to wait long. In the meanwhile, take it easy! I had subchorionic bleeding & was advised rest, no sex, plenty of fluids. Was resolved within a few weeks. It worked. GL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->