soooooooo nauseous :( any tips??

Patsy7

Reaction score
i've been so naive, i am completely overwhelmed with how nauseous i feel almost constantly. it started bang on 6 weeks and has progressively gotten worse every day last night i kept waking up because i feel so sick. i havent thrown up though, but thats because ive stopped myself cos i have a bit of a fear of being sick.

trying to act normal at work and give a good performance is getting harder and harder. any tips or advice that actually works would be so so appreciated i will try anything. ginger tea helps take the edge off thats it so far

bleugh! :( x

.theres anti sickness bands that you can pick up, they massively helped me with my last pregnancy.
They have a little ball that press on your pressure points and help ease the sickness
Also eat little and often
It will pass :( although it does feel like it'll never end :(
Mine is just starting with this pregnancy:hugs:

Hey lovely,

I have a huge phobia of being sick so feel your pain. Having the phobia really doesn't help morning sickness!!

I've found that having super super sour sweets, especially apple flavoured, has helped a little bit. You can buy pregnancy ones but I didn't bother because it just seems to be a bit of a marketing ploy and ones from a sweet shop work great and are a lot cheaper.

Also eating a cracker or asking my OH to bring toast before I get out of bed in the morning does help a huge amount. It seems to really set off my sickness if I haven't eaten first which is apparently to do with blood sugar levels.

Be gentle with yourself x

I feel your pain too. Today being particularly bad. I find if I eat a little even though it's the last thing I feel like doing. Also find eating ice pops helps

Ginger mints and carrot sticks. Ginger is a well known anti-emetic and while I have no idea why carrot sticks keep nausea at bay they've worked for me in the past.

thanks so much ladies i will try each and every one of your suggestions until i find my thing. :hugs:

feels good to just have a bit of a moan to others who understand actually! especially as we haven't told anyone yet. trying to think it will all be worth it in the end but very difficult when you feel so crap 24/7!xx

What I've found that helps a little bit is -

- anti-sickness wrist bands, but make sure you're wearing them right, I only found out yesterday that I was wearing mine wrong, the nobbley bit was supposed to be inbetween the 2 tendons on the wrist.

- I seem to spot whenever I have ginger (coincidence or not I'm going to avoid it to be safe) so I've been sucking polo mints. I read that if you feel overly hot when you feel sick, mint will help and if you feel overly cold then ginger will help.

- don't get too hungry !!! I keep water crackers (just like plain crackers but for some reason they're called water crackers) with me inbetween teaching lessons and just keep snacking - marmite is supposed to help too, something to do with B12 I think and if you can't eat solids, smoothies and fruit juices

- stay hydrated and fizzy drinks seem to help more than flat drinks, lemonade works great for me or just fizzy water - it's a pain in the arse because I want to drink so much but my bladder seems to be the size of a grape at the moment.

- biggest tip of all - don't ask other mums if they ever had morning sickness, some of them haven't and they don't get what all the fuss is about and then you want to punch them !

I'm no expert, this is my first pregnancy and I am only 6+2 but I have been feeling so sick recently and these are the things that seem to help.

Also vitamin b6 helps with morning sickness. You can check with your doc about taking it. Feel better.

Im really nauseated as well, it sucks :-( sugar definitely makes it worse. I thought it was getting better a week or so ago but it's come back full force :-( i pretty much eat all day long, if I allow myself to get hungry I feel soooooooo sick.

Hope you feel better, for me it eased off at 9/10 weeks when the placenta takes over.

I feel your pain, with my first all I could eat was plain rice and jacket potatoes and hot water with lemon.

Get the wristbands from boots they're good. I also had reflexology and it really helped.

I've woken up today and feel so sick too :( don't know if it's off eating too much last night or if it's the baby!

thank you so much for all these ideas! i have don't have any crackers in the house yet but ate some lightly salted crisps before i got out of bed this morning and am feeling a lot better today touch wood!

it may also have something to do with it being my day off work... :winkwink:

it's so rubbish but somewhat comforting to know that it's not just me feeling so terrible and i suppose its a good sign that everythings heading in the right direction

i hope it passes quickly for all of us- 9/10 wks would be nice! i've heard it can stay til like 16 wks!

xx

I've been unable to keep a lot down. Midwife suggested lucozade sport orange (it's the still one, no caffeine like the fizzy one) and its a lifesaver. I can eat again and function. It's honestly a miracle worker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"