Soooooooooooooo annoyed!!

MrsC10

Mummy
Reaction score
So....as requested I made an appointment to get bloods done. The first step in finding a way to help with my PCOS. The doctor had requested that the bloods be taken around 21 days before my next period. Both of us knowing how much of a black art pin pointing that day is, I based it on my last cycle length and 21 days before my period is around about now. So I booked the appointment and took the morning off work to get the tests done. I turned up in plenty of time for the appointment (just in case) and got taken pretty quickly.

The nurse asked if this was day 21 and I said no and explained the situation. She then point blank refused to do the tests because it wasn't exactly 21 days before my next period. I said several times that I can't tell when that is and without these tests I couldn't be referred to a fertility clinic. But it was no use. She just kept saying the tests would be pointless unless done on that exact day in the cycle. I got so angry I ended up storming out of the surgery!!

Has anyone else ever had such a level of complete lack of sympathy from a health professional??

:hugs:hey sorry for your ordeal ! i dont know if my doc got it wrong but when i got my bloods done it was on cd21. maybe your on about different blood tests. sorry if my reply confuses u more or makes u mad :dohh: mine were on cd3 and cd21

Hi. She definitely said 21 days before. She didn't explain why. I've got an appointment with the doc on Monday evening so I'll ask about it then. Thanks.

bunch of b@@@@@ds! its hard working cycles out and youd think they would be more sympathetic and helpful! can you ask for another nurse? one who will help and listen to your situation?

Ah sorry to hear you had a bad experience. When I was getting my bloods doen as well it was day 3 of my period and then day 21 after my period. wonder is she referring you for different tests or what.

If you not happy with Doctor change to one who will be happy to help you.

Good luck

None of the typical tests are done 21 days before your period, unless your entire cycle was around 23 days. In that case, I suppose, your day 2 bloodwork (it's done between days 2 and 5) would be done on that day. This is usually for FSH, E2 and a few other hormones. Day 21 test is for progesterone and should be done 7 days after your ovulation. Only some women, of course, ovulate on day 14.

Which hormones were supposed to be checked? Most of these, if taken randomly, won't really make any sense so, even though your situation is a bit complicated due to PCOS, the nurse was, in fact, right.

Sorry you had to deal with that, some people just should not be in the health industry :( I had a MMC a year ago, and I found out at my first ultrasound. I was obviously devastated and hysterically crying. After I calmed down to a quiet sob, I was taken back to schedule the D&C. The witch that was scheduling my appointment was actually sitting there on the phone laughing and joking with the person on the other end of the phone while I was sitting there crying. I couldn't believe how disgustingly insensitive she was! I made sure to file a complaint but I doubt anything was ever done :(

I would be annoyed too! I would never be able to tell what 21 days from my next one would be! Hopefully your Dr. will be able to help you out and tell the lab to just get it done the next time you go in.

She definitely said 21 days before. I even double checked all the details to make sure it was correct. I'm seriously thinking about changing doctors. Something goes wrong everytime I book an appointment!!

She definitely said 21 days before. I even double checked all the details to make sure it was correct. I'm seriously thinking about changing doctors. Something goes wrong everytime I book an appointment!!

I would change, I am waiting for AF to show so I can get bloods done then be checked for PCOS also with a scan, as the other ladies have experienced, I have to go CD1-5 and CD 21 xx

I have never experienced that, however, she should have done the tests if they were ordered by your doc so I would put in a complaint. They may be health care professionals but that does not give them a right to belittle and undermine us. At the end off the day, nobody knows our body like we do and if you couldn't pinpoint the exact date then no one could.

Good luck. x

As others say the day 21 progesterone test i think is what the nurse is on about.. its 7 days before your next period (if you have a 28 day cycle) so you count back 7 and do it that day... confusing!! Maybe your doc just mis-spoke or got muddled up.. still not good tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->