Soooooooooooooo f**king angry! UPDATE post 23

kayleigh&bump

Mum to Finnley & TTC #2
Reaction score
I posted a few weeks ago about my 20 week scan, not sure if any of you will remember. Basically, to cut a long story short, my scan was very rushed, i asked to find out the sex and was told after 30 seconds that it would have to be a surprise. The whole scan took no more than 5 minutes, and now I cant help but think was she thorough enough... did she miss anything?

Now bearing in mind my history... I laboured with my son, got to 10 cms, started pushing and they tell me my baby is breech. This had never been picked up in the whole of my pregnancy, so I get rushed to have an emergency c section under general aneasthetic. My husband couldnt see his son being born, and I didnt get to see him till he was over an hour old. Now after this, I developed an infection whilst being in hospital, and ended up on 4 different lots of antibiotics and was in hospital for 14 days. I had all sorts of different tests, and they still couldnt find what was wrong with me. They said everything from a urine infection, to a heart infection. Ever since, ive suffered from severe anxiety and PTSD and am still waiting for counselling to help me come to terms with what had happened.

After all of this happened, when my son was about 3 months old, I went back to see my consultant to discuss what had happened. He assured me 100% that anything I wanted in my next pregnancy, I would get. Whether it be extra visits to the dr/mw, scans, whatever I felt I needed to put my mind at rest basically.

So today, I had a consultant appointment. What a f**king waste of time that was (excuse my french). I am so angry. The lady who I saw didnt have any of my notes so hadnt a clue about my history, or even why I was under a consultant. Considering all the promises I have been made and all that hospital have put me through, it just aint good enough. I am worried sick, I have no faith in that hospital at all.

Im going to go and see my midwife this afternoon and explain all of this to her, but Im not sure theres anything she can do. Im also going to ask how I get refered to another local hospital. I have no trust what so ever in them. I mean how the hell they can expect me to go in to see a consultant, and then not even have a clue about my history is beyond me. The whole thing was a complete waste of time, I may have well have just seen my midwife as all she done was the normal checks and said come back at 32 weeks.

I havent stopped crying since I got back :cry: These people are going to be delivering my baby!

Poor you, I'm sorry you're not getting a good experience. If there is another hospital near you I'd definitely change. Hope you can find the sort of care you should be getting.

Oh sweetie, sounds such a pain in the arse!!

Your MW will hopefully be able to help, yeah ask for another hospital!! xx

Hun im the same, im fuming at the moment. I had my twins on christmas day last year at 23 weeks, so this time round im "high risk", all my notes say water infection brought on labour which im prone to anyway. Met with my consultant at 9 weeks and we discussed how i would be looked after differently this time, she said i would be monitored more closely for infections etc.

Im 15 weeks tomorrow and have not been checked for an infection since. When i went for my last scan at 13+4 i asked the midwife then she said "sorry, you dont have an appointment, you usually dont get seen that much with your second pregnancy"

WTF is all that about, thought they were monitoring me. Bearing in mind, this is a completely different hospital i lost the twins in (i couldnt bear to go there again).

Im next at the hospital on 29th November for a cervical lengthnening scan then a meeting with consultant, she will be sorry she saw me. Im going to ask why im not being monitored for infections when this is the reason i lost my twins. FUll of false promises.

Sorry to go on, but i can totally see why your mad xx

That's terrible Hun. How they can treat us like this is beyond me. X

Hun im the same, im fuming at the moment. I had my twins on christmas day last year at 23 weeks, so this time round im "high risk", all my notes say water infection brought on labour which im prone to anyway. Met with my consultant at 9 weeks and we discussed how i would be looked after differently this time, she said i would be monitored more closely for infections etc.

Im 15 weeks tomorrow and have not been checked for an infection since. When i went for my last scan at 13+4 i asked the midwife then she said "sorry, you dont have an appointment, you usually dont get seen that much with your second pregnancy"

WTF is all that about, thought they were monitoring me. Bearing in mind, this is a completely different hospital i lost the twins in (i couldnt bear to go there again).

Im next at the hospital on 29th November for a cervical lengthnening scan then a meeting with consultant, she will be sorry she saw me. Im going to ask why im not being monitored for infections when this is the reason i lost my twins. FUll of false promises.

Sorry to go on, but i can totally see why your mad xx

i can understand where your coming from i am considered high risk with giving birth at 22 weeks 24 weeks 28 weeks and 20 weeks with my last two pregnancys having a stitch in my cervix, my last baby i had a planned stitch at 12 weeks, i am now 14 and not even seen a dr yet so even if i wanted a stitch time is running alone. i just call every day to hassle them to see me and i got a app on fri,.. maybe u should try that call and hassle them everyday, this is YOUR baby and important to you so you may need to MAKE them listen xx good luck x

Aww didnt want to r&r. Hope you get it sorted soon. >>hugs<<

i can understand where your coming from i am considered high risk with giving birth at 22 weeks 24 weeks 28 weeks and 20 weeks with my last two pregnancys having a stitch in my cervix, my last baby i had a planned stitch at 12 weeks, i am now 14 and not even seen a dr yet so even if i wanted a stitch time is running alone. i just call every day to hassle them to see me and i got a app on fri,.. maybe u should try that call and hassle them everyday, this is YOUR baby and important to you so you may need to MAKE them listen xx good luck x

Thanks. I called them once about having another scan as i wasnt happy, and they just said to wait until I see the consultant as they might scan me. Fat chance of that! Hopefully my midwife will be able to help :( x

Kayleigh&bump that is disgusting! I'd go as high as you can to complain about this. Tell them you want to change medical teams due to recent and previous experiences and if your needs are not met I'd threaten them with going to the press! Pregnancy should be a time of joy and reassurance, not upset and worry. I'm furious for you. Huge hugs, let us know how it goes, I really hope you get it sorted and get the care you deserve. We all pay for this 'care' in our taxes so you have every right to a good experience with medical people you can trust. Good luck sweetie xx

Thank you. My mum has told me to put a formal complaint in so think I'm gunna do that. When I see my midwife today I'm gunna tell her about that and that I want to be transferred. See what they gotta say about that x

Good luck! You tell them! By the way, little Finnley is a sweetheart! X

Hun, Could you change to the tunbridge wells hosp... im guessing your at the M.hospital?xx

I also don't trust or like the 'consultant' and his arrogant doctor registrant at my ante-natal clinic either. They are dismissive, complacent and patronising. Can you afford to go privately? I was just to MUMS Birmingham yesterday and the difference in the attitude was simply amazing.

Sending :hugs: and good wishes to you, babe.x

Hun, Could you change to the tunbridge wells hosp... im guessing your at the M.hospital?xx

That's the one I'm meant to be going to :lol: Maidstone have closed down their labour wards and transferred it 45 mins away to t.wells which in itself is disgusting. The one I'm gunna get referred to is Medway

If only I could afford to go private but that's a whole another story :lol:

I would definitely make a complaint. 5 minutes is NOT enough to measure everything that needs to be measured. I had mine on Monday and it was close to an hour.

I would definitely make a complaint. 5 minutes is NOT enough to measure everything that needs to be measured. I had mine on Monday and it was close to an hour.

Funny thing is, when I told the consultant about it today, she said 5 minutes was actually a GOOD thing as it must have meant that the sonographer was experienced enough to do it quickly :lol: absolute joke!

That's the one I'm meant to be going to :lol: Maidstone have closed down their labour wards and transferred it 45 mins away to t.wells which in itself is disgusting. The one I'm gunna get referred to is Medway

If only I could afford to go private but that's a whole another story :lol:

Urgh thats SO annoying :(
Medway isnt much better in my experience, but thats a diff dept so hopefully they are better in the obstetrics bit than they were bloods!! Private just guarantees you a private room and a specific nurse hun, the rest is pure luck xxx

Funny thing is, when I told the consultant about it today, she said 5 minutes was actually a GOOD thing as it must have meant that the sonographer was experienced enough to do it quickly :lol: absolute joke!

thats bull... absolute bull. we have sonographers here and they wouldnt dare rush through a scan that fast, experienced or not. id complain about the lot of them tbh, they are putting you and LO in danger (and other mums!) if this is their standard practice. any chance you could get a baby bond scan or something? xx

Best advice I ever got when I was having trouble was:
Get Angry

Angry Pregnant Ladies get what they want, and I was surprised how much the people tolerated just because Im pregnant!

This is yours and your childs life, and they need to understand that no matter what.

Angry Pregnant Ladies FTW!

I have had the best treatment ever since - the 20 week scan was so thorough she actually bruised me, and that wasnt even to find out the sex because we found out at 16w!

Medical staff in uk have a tendency to think of pregnant women as slabs of meat, because its "so common", dont let them think of you like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->