Soooooooooooooo f**king angry! UPDATE post 23

Thanks so much everyone for your support. I've seen the mw this afternoon, will update when LO is in bed x

I would be completely pissed, I probably would have bitched out the chick doing the ultrasound

UPDATE -

So I saw the midwife this afternoon. This was my 3rd appointment so far this pregnancy, and the 3rd different midwife I have seen. Its a nightmare, just so typical of the NHS these days. How Im ever meant to build a relationship and get to speak to someone who knows my history, is just impossible. So anyway, as it turned out, this midwife there today was a retired supervisor of midwives who was covering, so she actually gave some pretty good advice.

She couldnt believe how Ive been treated, and gave me the name and number of who to ring if I want to complain. She also told me how to get refered to another hospital. But best of all, shes given me the number of the consultant who looked after me with my son. He was the person who personally made all those promises to me, so Im going to phone tomorrow to ask to see him. Hopefully he will have something constructive to say, and maybe scan me again.

Regardless of what he says though, i think i am going to still transfer to the other hospital as I just dont trust them up there now.

I would be completely pissed, I probably would have bitched out the chick doing the ultrasound

This made me laugh :haha:

I wish I had of, trust me! Im not the most assertive of people, and in these sorts of situations I always go away, think about it, then kick myself for not saying anything :dohh:

You poor thing!! That is a complete nightmare. It sounds like you are having a terrible experience and I hope that you get transferred really quickly to the other hospital.

I think you really should put complaints in, your scan sounds horrible and your consultant's appointment was awful too. It isn't good enough!!

I think you should complain for sure! However it's not always best to move. I live equally in between 2 hospitals and had awful treatment of my missed miscarriage in April this year. Then when I got pregnant again this time I was told the same as you that if I had worries to phone up and I'd be given a quick scan to rest my mind...when I requested such a scan at 10 weeks I was told by a midwife in the hospital 'we don't know what early ultra sounds do and quite frankly I could scan you today and it could die tomorrow...no guarantees' I launched a MASSIVE complaint and attended a formal meeting with the head of gynaecology and midwifery...since then my treatment has been perfect and very much personal based rather than being a "number"...however my sister is at the other hospital and the consultant checking my nieces heart said to the trainee doc 'well as you can see this patient is much more.....(insert medical gibberish for fat)...' and proceeded to stab the ultra sound wand in as much as possible to prove a point! So I didn't like my treatment but wouldn't want that either! I decided to complain and at least now have direct contact with the head so if I feel something is wrong he will personally take my call whereas if something went wrong at the other hospital I'd be starting again...so just a thought. Hope your ok :)

:flower:

Kahleighandbump so glad to hear youre on the way to getting it sorted. Hang in there and don't let them fob you off. We're all behind you! :)

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"