• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Sophie is here!! 02/08/09

AmyBumble

Mammy to Lily and Sophie
Reaction score
Ok, today I am back online with (hopefully) enough time to spare to write up Sophies birth story :winkwink:

Our little pudding was born at 41+3 by C-Section at 10:35am on August 2nd. :happydance: She was a whopping 9lb 13oz! WOW lol.

On Saturday 1st I was having mild contractions all day from about 10am and started to get excited because I was sooo desperate to have a natura labour and birth this time around. (On my 1st DD, I went 3weeks overdue and had a horiffic experience with induction and hospital procedures. Ended up with section for failure to progress in 2007 and was made to feel like a failure as a mother :growlmad:)
OH was calm as a cucumber thinking that it was all me overreacting/jumping the gun lol, except that as the day wore on they got progressively stronger. My MIL was over ours visiting lol and begged me not to ''go into labour on her'' (shes a lovely woman, especially compared to my mother lol!). At 8pm I had a show and it continued all evening on and off as my contractions got more painful and frequent. At 2am my waters broke and I felt so proud and excited that my body was labouring properly as it should lol :happydance:

We phoned the delivery suite for the midwife on call to come to the house as it was now official that I was in labour! But when she came and took my obs, she said that the babys heartrate was a bit too high for comfort and suggested that we go into hospital. Me and OH wanted to avoid this so we left it another hour and I had a go on birth ball but we ended up still needing to go in :growlmad:. At 8am the consultant came around to see us in the labour ward and after checking me over told us that all this time, even though I was obviously contracting well, I wasn't dilating at all and gave us the choice to leave it for another four hours to see if I would dilate or just go and get a section. They left us to talk and I went to the loo and found that the amniotic fluid was stained with meconium. Because of this, OH and I thought it best I have the section and get Sophie born safely, as meconium stained fluid is a sign that the baby is distressed.

So at 10:35, out she came, all 9lb 13oz of her, with a MOP of black hair and the absolute image of her older sister Lily at birth. :cloud9: Wow, I only got a glimpse of her initially as they were stitching me up and gave her to OH first but I heard her cry as soon as she came out and just felt this uncontrollable urge to sob my heart out with joy. I loved her straight away. Cheesey as it sounds, oh my god she is perfect. Im still very nervous with her at the mo partly because we lost our eldest daughter to SIDS in march '08 and also...

After we brought her home from the hospital she had a few seizures and we had to rush her into a different hospital and stayed there for a week with her while they checked all her bloods and did a lumbar puncture etc. It was terrifying. We got home with her finally last wednesday and I am obviously pretty anxious right now and overly worried but me and OH are coping together and getting through it and she is so lovely in herself. No problems were found that would have caused the seizures (they think its fifth day fits :shrug: which we'd never heard of before now - scary) so now we are settling in at home and getting to know Sophie and her little ways better.

Even though it has been a hard journey to get here, I wouldnt change a second of it, Sophie is just lovely and perfect and gorgeous and I will love and protect her until I am not here to do it anymore. Im so happy and I wanted to tell everyone and now I have lol. Sorry for mega long post!!

Thanks for reading :hugs: everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

congrats! sorry to hear about your first daughter

awww congratulations, she's gorgeous x

Congrats, and all the best for the future :)

xxxx

Congratulations :happydance: :)

We were due the same day and had our babies the same day :)

wow really? lol thats crazy! And I notice you're beautiful girl was born at 10:32, well my daughter was born at 10:35!! How strange is that lol!

thats such a mad coincidence lol I cant believe it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"