Sophie the Giraffe teething toy - any good? UPDATED WITH PIC!

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
Aisling is teething and none of the teethers I've got work, she just won't put them in her mouth. I've heard a bit about Sophie the Giraffe but to me it just looks like a very expensive dog toy! :blush:

Does anyone know if this is worth getting, especially at the price?

Absolutely fantastic! LO loves his Sophie, it is the only toy his chews on. I had a nibble too, it does seem nicer than his other chews. It is the perfect shape and size for holding. I wouldn't have bought it, but Mum thought it sounded good, and I'm very impressed. For us, definitely worth it, I'll hold on to it for any more LO's I might have.

I do not own one but my brother has one for his daughter and my cousin has one for her son and both babies seem to love it. When Marley visits it's the first thing she wants to play with. A lot of people say it's worth the money.

most babies seem to have one here, in the supermarket i think its less than 10euros. i didnt realise it was anything special. i got mine from a car boot with some other stuff for 2euros!

my dog loves it! lol

most babies seem to have one here, in the supermarket i think its less than 10euros. i didnt realise it was anything special. i got mine from a car boot with some other stuff for 2euros!

my dog loves it! lol

:rofl: I've been afraid my dogs would play with it too! I know the price isn't extortionate, it just seems so expensive for a squeaky toy! But if it works...

lol... seriously, sophie is like an over priced dog toy. Same material, same squeeker.. Jasmine did love it when we had it, but as soon as my back was turned our dog had it. So I havent bought another, too much money just for him to chew up.

Nevere heard of it but I don't think £12 is that much tbh. You have to remember with kids toys it's quality not quantity. By that I mean you should spend money on toys which are worth while and not just gonna be chucked in the toy box mand forgotten. So if it works then it's gotta be £12 worth spending xxx

Hi
my daughter as had hers since she was 1 month, and she loves it, very soft.

I brought mine from France, where they are made around 7 pounds
good luck
sam

Nevere heard of it but I don't think £12 is that much tbh. You have to remember with kids toys it's quality not quantity. By that I mean you should spend money on toys which are worth while and not just gonna be chucked in the toy box mand forgotten. So if it works then it's gotta be £12 worth spending xxx

That's exactly what I was thinking, if it works I'll definitely spend £12 on it :D

my friend has one for her little one and it really is like a dogs squeeky toy. Think im gonna stick to the nice water filled ones that go in the fridge to cool down.

lol... seriously, sophie is like an over priced dog toy. Same material, same squeeker.. Jasmine did love it when we had it, but as soon as my back was turned our dog had it. So I havent bought another, too much money just for him to chew up.

thats funny, naughty doggy !!

We have one, we call it out "Meltdown adverter".

It's what we give her when she's about to LOSE it. It is very much like a Dog Toy, but we make sure that our dog doesn't get to it. Mainly we use it when we are out and about. It is good, the shape of it is easy for LOs to grasp.

If my dog chewed it, I'm unsure if I'd get another. Hard to say! :shrug: They are expensive to be constantly replacing.

Went to our local shop to get one and they'd sold out their entire stock within 3 days! :shock: :cry: They're getting some more in later this week though :happydance:

We've been really lucky, our dog went mad for sophie as soon as we got it, now he doesnt flicker.
I think it helps as he doesnt have any squeeky toys as its pointless with a staffy they only last 2 mins!

I have to say sophie does seem rather like a dog toy, but she keeps LO happy! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->